EVERYONE'S OPINION

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BFM08, Nov 14, 2009.

1. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Bubble screens work really well with the right personnel. Not every play gets 7 yards. And 2nd and 2 is EXACTLY the right time to take a risk and catch the defense off guard. It's not about the calls, it's about the execution.

Exactly what is being done with Jefferson. Lee's problems are in his melon. I don't blame Crowton. It's not Crowton's fault that LSU doesn't have a top 1% sophomore QB.

I agree. More precisely, though, we need to finish the job. LSU has gotten pressure, but can't seem to take the right angle to sack the QB.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Not me. Every time we lose I kill one of my neightbors cats.

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Can we dig a hole right next to the bubble screen's grave and bury the option to the short side of the field there?

4. cristof11

cristof11 Founding Member

I thought the purpose of playing football was to win games.

In order for this team to improve I think that the coaches need to stick with what's working. The problem that I see is that they want to get the ball in the hands of a lot of people. In 2007, the main reason that the team was succesful is that they stuck with Hester and didn't get too cute trying to get the ball in the hands of a lot of players.

5. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

First thing is coach up the kids better. Its obvious we arent coaching up players like in the past.

Secondly, let JJ lose. Play call against good teams like you do against poorer teams. JJ really appears to be a better QB now.

Third, ditch the damn option and WR screens.

Fourth, let Shepard play.

Fifth, teach better tackling. The tackling has been very poor the last two weeks.

6. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Makes me feel better about last year.:hihi:

7. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

For one, KW seems to be a better runner than Scott. Maybe have Scott blocking for KW to open bigger holes. Remember the VT game in 07 and several other games throughout his career. Who the hell knows... doesn't matter what anyone comes up with... Next week with JJ, we'll be running 90% of the game against a 8-9 box up front. Biggest change i'd like to see, GC out of BR.

8. cristof11

cristof11 Founding Member

Scott is out for the season

9. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

My bad, I meant to say we need to use the freshman FB we have to open up holes and move defensive lines. We'd have a 1200 yard rusher behind him if we did this.

10. tigerbaitabq

tigerbaitabq Founding Member

Whiskers is going to stay with relatives until after the Ole Miss game just to be safe. :wink: