Exactly how big is Herman Johnson?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by djwooley69, Feb 2, 2004.

1. djwooley69

djwooley69 Freshman

Just wondering how big this guy really is. I have seen from 6'7" to 6'8" and 360 to 395 pounds.

2. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

At the Army All-American game he stood 6-8 3/4 and 395.

3. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Depends when you weigh him !

4. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

From reading up on Herm, I got the impression that his weight fluctuated quite a bit in high school. 6'8" seems to be the most consistent listing of his height. Any way you look at it, the guys a MONSTER!!!

5. LSUtigah

LSUtigah Founding Member

HJ is similar to Andre "The Giant" as his 7'10", 504 lbs. has him dubbed as the 5th greatest wonder of the world.

6. BB

BB Founding Member

How big is Herman?

I heard that he was suspended from school in the 4th grade for eating a kid who cut in front of him in the lunch line.

7. k-diddy

k-diddy Freshman

Any word on if this guy can move. How is his foot work. I have heard his name, but haven't heard anything.

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

He evidentally wasn't on a lot of watch lists as he didn't have a great junior year. He moved to tackle and his coach said that he worked his tail off over the off season and that the reason he is now so highly coveted is that he really good, not just big. He runs a 5.7 forty I think but of course he'll never have to run that far for us. no know too much else about him but I am sure we will be getting more info plus his films a 2 days.

9. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

A three-year starter, Johnson was a unanimous All-District selection at Class 4A Denton. He had 38 "pancake" blocks and did not allow a sack as a senior. Johnson participated in the U.S. Army All-Star Game in San Antonio with speedster Xavier Carter, a wide receiver from Palm Bay, Fla., who committed to LSU on Sunday. Rated the nation's No. 30 prospect by Rivals.com., Johnson is the first offensive tackle to pick LSU. Johnson, who also visited Houston and Oklahoma State, is academically qualified to play as a freshman. Born in West Monroe, Johnson weighed 15 pounds, 14 ounces at birth.

Besides his size, Johnson has shown athletic ability. He runs a 5.4 40-yard dash, bench presses 345 pounds and also has a 22-inch vertical jump.

He is a SuperPrep All-American and ranked as the No. 15 offensive line prospect in the nation according to the national recruiting magazine.

10. NHTIGER

NHTIGER Founding Member

6' 8", 380 as of last week, per HJ himself ***

nm