Excellent ESPN Article on Coach O

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by seabrookcajun, Dec 3, 2019.

1. seabrookcajun

seabrookcajun Founding Member

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Good read!

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Great article. It just makes you think of the wasted seasons and what could have been under Miles if he wasn't such a stubborn ass committed to his old Big 10 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense. Besides Flynn and Mett, were there really any game changers at QB? I'm not suggesting he would be able to find a Burreaux every year because he's an exceptional talent. But if you think about it, for a school that can recruit like LSU to not to be able to find/develop an upper echelon QB in all that time can be considered an epic failure; even given the success LSU had because it could have been much more.

COTiger and watson1880 like this.
  4. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

I think its more of a comment on how few and far between great QBs are... For sure if we had a better scheme would we have maybe had better QB play. But this year and Burrow is special and not something we should expect as the new norm.

el005639 likes this.
  5. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

The failings of Miles are bigger each day- not recruiting nationally or correctly and a stubborn offensive philosophy are highlighted here.

6. seabrookcajun

seabrookcajun Founding Member

Yep. When Coach O was hired people would ask me what I thought about him. My answer was that I thought he was teachable and could learn from his mistakes. It looks like he has done just that.

TBTrumpet and MikeInLa like this.
  7. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

This. As the article suggests, Coach O learned and better'd himself after seeing what did and didn't work over the years. I also respect how he openly admits how he did things that didn't work. That is experience and growth. I like the direction he's going here and hope he can keep the staff he has now. The players seem happy and loyal to the team, moreso than in previous years. And I think after this season, we just might see some high-ranking QB recruits taking an interest in the LSU program.

fanatic likes this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Now that Frank Wilson is unemployed I hope that Oeaux can find a place for him on the coaching staff.

TBTrumpet, fanatic, mctiger and 2 others like this.