Excited about LSU vs Penn State!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Dec 6, 2009.

1. TheNitts

TheNitts Freshman

As opposed to LSU who hasn't beaten a team this year with more than 7 wins?

This should be a really good game. Penn State's defense can keep them in any game as long as they get a little help from the offense. I think the key for LSU will be getting pressure on our QB with just their down linemen.

2. LesMilesFan

LesMilesFan Founding Member

Yeah but Miles wins by and average of 33 points in bowl games not counting the championship game. The old coach seems to have trouble with bowl games.

But we have some quality losses!!! :hihi:

3. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

If LSU fans think this season was disappointing at some level, I would think Penn State has even more feelings of underachievement.... or at least what might have been. PSU started 7 seniors on offense and 7 on defense... with a senior kicker and punter.... and a senior qb to make it all click. Their season was perfectly set up with a weak OOC schedule and their two biggest tests, Iowa and Ohio State, at home.

At least LSU had their shots when they played Florida and Bama, whereas PSU laid eggs. I'll be surprised if PSU has the wherewithal to get it done in the CapOne. It's not What's in your wallet? It's What's in the back of your mind?

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

That unblemished OOC record almost got hit this year, this team has been unfocused since the loss to Bama. Pardon me if i wait until the final whistle before i start celebrating a victory.

5. LesMilesFan

LesMilesFan Founding Member

I never predicted a victory and I'm certainly not celebrating anything. Just said our one loss in Orlando wasn't Miles' fault.

We could lose by 30. How the hell would I know.

6. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

You're right about that, but those were SEC teams.

We take turns beating each other up in the SEC...especially the SEC west. We barely lost to the No.1 and no.2 teams in the nation. And gave Ole Miss a win. Most of our opponents lost the following week after we beat them..so It's like we beat them two weeks in a row...they couldn't recover. and by the way, we played a lot of teams who had bye weeks before us.

So it's welcome to the SEC where Religion is on Saturday (Church is on Sunday).:hihi:.

(Welcome to the board too.)

7. buckeye78

buckeye78 Founding Member

I agree that this could actually be one of the best bowl games this year. Some keys that I see to beating Penn St.

1. Getting Pressure with the down four. This is basic I know, but it was the difference in our game. Clark is very good when he has time, but definitely did not handle the pressure well.

2. Be physical running the football. Bowman and Lee are good backers, and they have a decent D Line also. We ran right at them, and outmuscled them. Flat out. Not sure if LSU will try and get guys in space, but Charles should have a great game.

3. Special teams are a potential weakness for Penn St., especially in their punt and kickoff coverage units. I'm sure they'll work some of this out for the bowl game, but their coverage teams were hit and miss. One kick is covered really well, the next, hardly at all. Very jekyl and hyde.

Good luck! I'm a little torn about who to root for, B10 versus the only SEC team or fanbase that I respect at all. Should be a good ole fashioned slobberknocker. Looking forward to it.

Go Bucks!

8. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

This will be just one more notch in Miles and the Tigers belt, as we continue our dominance over other great programs. :geaux: :tigereye: :milesmic:

9. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

lol, so that's why you had two teams go 8-0 in conference!!

The prize for conference teams beating each other up would go to the ACC, Big east or PAC 10... dontchathink??

Don't make me have to pee in the Mississippi again!

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I wonder if anyone has told Joe Pa yet.