Excuses! Shoulda Coulda Woulda Tigers

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BFM08, Nov 7, 2009.

1. danthetigerfan

danthetigerfan Founding Member

I really dont feel like getting into a word fight tonight so all I will say is that I did not see Bama players rolling and stumbling all over the field with cramps and injuries today. Also, replay the UF game and you will see the same cramps on LSU players while UF players had energizer bunny batteries.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Only Dan agrees with you. Get a clue!

3. BFM08

BFM08 Founding Member

Fair! Although Moffit is a great S & C coach. he would be hired tomorrow by any program in the country, including Florida, Bama (which tried to get him away if you dont recall), USC or anyone else

4. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

for those two games, where the defense left it all on the field, I will show you twenty plus where the conditioning of our players have won the game in the 2nd half...due to Moffit. Would you like to throw out a conditioning coach who could even hold Moffits jock??

5. BFM08

BFM08 Founding Member

FYI... did not know font was large! was on my phone!

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i agree moffit is the best. but we have multiple players going down every game with cramps. that has to be addressed. i say that because it seems we have a high number of that in games where the other team (also playing balls to the wall) isnt having the same problem.

it bit us in the ass not having peterson in on the julio jones td.

and no, i am NOT saying fire moffit. im saying that imo, its something that needs to be addressed.

1 person likes this.
  7. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: One of the more idiotic post I've seen in a while. Tommy Moffet is one of, if not THE BEST Strength and Conditioning Coaches in the country. Just about any school in the country would kill to get him. LSU is fortunate to have him and I hope he stays for years to come. All this crap about fire the coach/coaches when LSU loses a game is juvenile at best and is really immature. And it's boring. Being 7 -2 at this point in the season is no disaster by any means and where many on this forum thought we would be at this point. We got beat, get over it and deal with it like an adult. :LSU231:

8. danthetigerfan

danthetigerfan Founding Member

I have made post for the past 2 years about the conditioning of the Tigers. When LSU plays top SEC teams and you do not see a conditioning problem all you have to do is remove your P&G glasses. You can call me many things but calling me an idiot for something I see plain as day on national TV is a bit much. Im sure that their are many more members on this forum that recognize this problem but will not agree with me for fear of being flamed and thats cool with me but please dont call me names for stating the obivious. Thanks

9. BFM08

BFM08 Founding Member

I think it is un productive as well. That is why I do not post much... Everyone enjoys calling others idiots and stupid, of course over the net!! I think there are many great points and you are correct the egos of everyone hand cuffs them and they will not go against the tide, no pun intended.

You have a point and read around on this great forum, it has turned into a "your an idiot forum" rather than looking at what people say objectively. I can't wait for someone to follow this post with another commit! ha

10. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: I don't have to have P&G glasses on to know that Tommy Moffet is the best Strength & Conditioning Coach in the country. Also read other posts in this thread to back up this opinion. In case you forgot, Saban hired him at LSU and then tried to get him to go to 'Bama when he took the job there. What does that tell you? Any school in the country would love to have him.

Our problem in today's game wasn't strength and conditioning. I think our talent level on the D-line is definitely down from prior years at LSU and 'Bama's talent on the line is better. O-line talent is down too but Hebert and Dwarocyzk are also young and will get better. I think your "fire the coach" mentality is childish and called you on it.

We lost a game to a team who is just as talented as LSU and is well-coached. The breaks didn't go our way today and that's the way it is. Firing the best Strength and Conditioning Coach in the country won't change that. LSU is an elite program in the country today due in large part to the efforts of Coach Tommy Moffet. :LSU231: