Excuses! Shoulda Coulda Woulda Tigers

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BFM08, Nov 7, 2009.

1. scaill1

scaill1 Founding Member

What are are you talking about this has nothing to do about S&C this has to do with injuries and nothing else! Please stop being a dumb Arse!!!!:huh:

2. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

lets not forget that we played a team who also had everything to play for, is ranked #1 in some polls, was playing at home AND had an extra week to prepare for us. they played ALMOST flawless football while we hurt ourselves on several occasions. what this #1 team didn't need were calls (or no calls) that took the wind out of our sails or killed drives at important times of the game. i'm proud of our team. i don't mind the "bend but don't break" mentality of our defense even though i dream of having a "3 and out" kind of defense. i do wish we had a couple more great ones in the trenches, especially when situational footballs comes into being.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

BS. Nick tried to hire Tommy Moffit to Bama a couple of years ago, you know. Instead he hired one of Moffits former assistants who does S&C the Moffit way. As usual, you know very little about Tiger football.

We did not have players running out of gas or unduly fatigued. We had injuries to key people that are unrelated to conditioning or strength. Charles Scott broke his collarbone on a 40-yard run, you know.

Peterson's cramping is a result of not hydrating himself properly, he had no strength or conditioning issues either.

4. red55

Examples?

5. DRC

DRC TigerNator

You can spot the pot stirring douche bags a mile away.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

My question, what is the problem with the offensive line? What is the problem with the defensive line. They may be in shape but neither appear
    very strong? It has been a problem all year, it was a problem last night.
    Are the players not very good, is the coaching bad, what is it? Schools like LSU should be reloading at these positions not waiting for guys to gain experience. The HC is a former OL, it appears the weakest link on this team is where you would think LSU would be the strongest year in and year out. How do you explain a RB like Charles Scott having a year like this year vs last year??? How do we explain having the dline from 2007
    vs what we have this year, they are opposites based on production or lack there of. These are not slams on LSU but anyone that has watched this team play has got to wonder why these issues exist. I appreciate all these players try to do for LSU as much as anyone else but in this day and age every part of the game gets analyzed by anyone and everyone.:geaux:

7. red55

I think it is because Les had to dismiss 5 offensive linemen in 2006 and 2007. It left us lacking in quality depth and some potential starters were lost.

LSU lacks the Lavalais/Wroten/Dorsey kind of gorilla on the DL that we've been used to. When a guy requires two or 3 men to block him, it gives opportunities to his teammates. Some strong promising youngsters, like Downs, are getting PT and will be effective starters next year.

They are quick and strong enough, but execution and experience has been a problem.

8. BFM08

BFM08 Founding Member

See guys! I want you to look at the post on this thread. We all just make excuses instead of
    Coming out and finding and facing the problem. Someone blames the guys that have went to
    The pros and now we are playing with young guys, etc etc. Someone has even started a post for
    The 2010 national champs! If I recall we had the same for 2009. We do have an issue
    And like him or hate him, the only one that said "we have no excuses", even with the injuries
    "I like our chances" is Miles himself. Now if everyone would join in and stop mauybe someone
    Would come up with the problem

9. ScottforJC

ScottforJC It's never over until God says its over-Sid Ortis

I didn't see this in this thread, but did everyone forget that Peterson had the flu earlier this week? When you're sick, you don't generally eat or drink much. This had nothing to do with Moffitt.

I heard a sport's commentator last week make the statement that LSU would lose because Alabama has a great team while LSU only has some great talent (skill players) right now. Might be some truth in that -- seeing Julio cash in while Peterson was on the bench kind of supports that statement in my mind.

Most predictions preseason were losses to UF and Bama. Hard fought losses to the #1 and #3 teams in the country, and the #1 and #2 teams in the SEC, the best conference in the nation -- not too shabby.

I'm proud of the way the Tigers played. IMHO, we were outplayed. No excuses, not from injuries or penalties. Facing my Bama buddies this morning was not as bad as I anticipated.

:geaux: