Expect OU to try and make a statement tonight

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by diamondheadtiger, Sep 21, 2007.

1. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

thank you. that is what i have been trying to tell people around here. talk to me when ou plays someone good.

2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

StarsofOrion=Credibility lost. Look at how many yards and points TULSA put up on that vaunted Stoops defense. Wait and see how they play against someone with similar depth and talent before you annoint them No. 1. And no, Miami doesn't count. The talent may be similar, but the depth is missing.

1 person likes this.
  3. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

After watching OU and USC I have changed my rankings. Both USC & OU are giving up huge amounts of yardage on defense and running up the score on teams for poll votes.

1 LSU
    2 FLORIDA
    3 OU
    4 USC

I think OU's offense can out run USC. Put the superior SEC teams up against either OU or USC and there is no match. SEC speed and defense would be the difference in either LSU or Florida playing any team this year.

4. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

The Big 12 is down, even Texas looks average. A&M was exposed as a pretender. No team in that league plays defense. If OU gets by Texas, they'll probably run the table.

5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Jockeying for #1 in the media's eyes might require us to stoop to the level of other sportsmanship-free teams. It isn't worth getting love from the fickle media. Just win, and if we get screwed by the broken BCS, we can still have our self-respect. Personally, I think we are so good that we can outperform other teams who feel they have to whore their selves to the media.

It is inexcusable that teams have to street fight for two positions at the end of the season. We need a playoff, though I feel almost confident that the powers that be will f that up too.

6. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Like Florida. :dis:

7. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

The media can't influence computer polls, 1/3 of the BCS formula. Doubt they can influence the coaches poll. Maybe the harris poll, not sure who is voting in that one this year.

You guys give the media too much credit.

8. lsu-i-like

NOT!!!!

People listen to the media. The slow, bludgeoning repetition of what they think is right burrows its way into the subconscious. I personally believe of all the polls, the AP's is the most respectable. Which should tell you what I think of the rest of the polls. I do like computer rankings better, in general, but some computer rankings are very poorly constructed. :nope:

9. StarsofOrion

StarsofOrion Founding Member

So stating on opinion on ranking makes me a troll?

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that pre-season rankings were the Gospel, and I didn't realize that LSU was unanimous No. 1 right now.

You think I don't know about losing? MSU hasn't been to a bowl game in years.

10. lsu-i-like

Try making constructive statements. Most of what you've been saying lately has been sounding pretty bitter.