Expectations 2004

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ramah, Aug 11, 2004.

1. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

Yeah, we will have a bulls eye too. However, the National Champs from the previous year usually have the biggest one.

It makes it harder for either of us because teams have us circled on their calendars. Not complaining though, I enjoy being at the top.

My 2004 expectations.

#1 Win the National Championship. (We are pretty much loaded. We have a great opportunity to be playing for it again.)

#2 Win the Big 12 Championship (A lot of people are predicting Missouri to win the North division this year)

#3 BCS Bowl (In case we don't make it to the Orange Bowl)

2. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Laughing though ... you are not "at the TOP" ... LSU is at the Top
    Your team was dominated in the Sugar Bowl in the trenches by Saban ... your MASTER ... BOW B4 YOUR MASTER AND KNOW YOUR PLACE HERE :hihi:
    #1 Oklahomer will not even come close to a NC in 2004 after the Half a Hundred gang antics of 2003 ... the more realistic goal would be winning the Big 12 ... with probably about 3 losses because White will never finish the season
    #2 That would be a stretch in 2004 ... But OU could possibly do it ... after that 35-7 azz whipping by KSU ... I dunno ... White seems snakebit
    #3 Let's see if OU gets #2 accomplished first.

3. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

I didn't say *very* top.

btw, I made a thread on The Round Table about the 77-0 OU/aTm game just for your sorry a$$. Go read it. It's a very good article.

4. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

OU has been to the NC game two times in 4 years.....not sure how someone is going to say they arent going to be close with so many starters

In your arguments, try to be somewhat realistic....

5. Atreus21

Atreus21 Founding Member

Ramah is the bomb. I need a bumper sticker that says that.

6. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

You know the thing is Link, Ramah is usually right. I know he is out there in your face, but looking back at the predictions, no matter how RUDE and BOLD he gets, he is usually right. It is annoying to other teams as well as some of the Tiger Forum's posters.

But it's very hard to argue with someone who is right so often. I guess if you watch his predictions close enough eventually he will get a few wrong, no one is always right. Then we can all dance and say "oh look Ramah sure missed that one!" But those times are few and far between, I've been posting here long enough to know. SO be careful my friend, what you say sounds realistic BUT strange things happen in CF.
    I suppose the same "be careful" could be advised to Ramah, but like I said he seems to pick a few.
    You're a knowledgble fan, BUT if I was holding a grand in my hand in front of my bookie and Ramah told me to bet one way that made no sense and you told me to bet another way that seemed logical, I'd put my money where Ramah said everytime. I'd rather win and seem illogical than lose and wonder why good CF football numbers didn't seem to carry the day.
    Show me the money!
    BTW I made a few bucks last year on a wager or two. So I watxched his predictions pretty closely. Props Ramah you're right they did cover the spread in the 4 games I bet on.

7. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

My expectations are 10-4 with another berth and win this time in the Cotton Bowl. It will be a painful experience watching Marcus Randall at QB. He will give way to Jamarcus Russell by the 4th or 5th game. Rookie mistakes will hurt him. We will win the West and lose to Georgia in the SEC CG.

8. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

I think we end up in a BCS bowl, maybe the Fiesta :) :) :) :) :)

9. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I don't know what to expect from this team with quite a few new players on offense.
    I know one thing though, Our Defense should be just as good as last year.

I think we will lose around 3 games and like I said before.
    Any bowl in January will make me happy.

Geaux Tigers and prove me wrong and play for back to back NC's.
    The baseball team did it and it would be unreal if the football team was able to do it! :lsup:

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

LSU will NOT lose 3 games.