Expectations & Predictions

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CParso, Apr 18, 2005.

1. TigrinumMajor

TigrinumMajor Founding Member

So much of that depends on what happens to the teams that start in front of LSU at the first of the year. If USC and whatever other media darling don't lose, it will be a harder row to hoe. Not impossible to jump another team if everyone wins, but not a given either. LSU will have the advantage of not having a Div 1-AA opponent on the schedule, but the media will probably come up with some other convoluted reason to keep the SEC champ out.

Of course, I hope you are all wrong and that Auburn is the West's rep in Atlanta. Wishful thinking, huh, seeing how loaded LSU is? :cool:

2. USNavyTiger

USNavyTiger Founding Member

appalacian state?....pfft...

3. j0nathanr0y

j0nathanr0y Founding Member

JaMarcus Russell looks sickly good. I thought he looked way better than Flynn. I like them both but based on what I saw, he is very confident in his throws and he gets the ball to his recievers a second or so quicker than Flynn. We didn't throw too many long flys or post routes but I have a feeling from warmups JaMarcus would have excelled in that as well.

I personally am worried most about the first game. Not the other team so much, but when Les Miles runs out that tunnel for the first time, he is liable to piss his pants.

4. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

All the talent is in place. I guess I'll go out and say I am not sold and Miles and this staff. It would not suprise me to see us drop 2. I'll be hoping top be proved wrong and I'll be in the stands supporting the players but I think we are either going to be a diamond or coal.

5. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

I join you in that prayer, friend.

Also, if it's a 9-2 record, I don't think those two losses come from Florida and Tennessee. One, sure, but not both. I'd say the second would be unexpected, like Alabama or something.

BUT, they're not going to win fewer than 10, so it's all silliness on my part. :champs:

6. batman2

batman2 Founding Member

I say get a ring finger ready. I think any of the quaterbacks will do the job we need them to do. I expect lots of offense this year with a more wide open approach. Lots of points. Lots of wins. This picture should help my prediction out : :crystal: :lsup: :champs: :helmet:

7. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Aw, c'mon, a win over (how did the LSU SID put it, exactly?) "perennial Div 1-AA power" Appalacian St (who went 6-5 in 2004, by the way) should cause LSU's strength of schedule and coaches poll rankings to skyrocket!

We'd have a Rose Bowl spot in the bag if LSU somehow beats good ol' "perennial power" Appy State! :angryfire

8. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

completely agree. he made some really nice throws into some heavy traffic saturday. on top of that, he was doing it with defenders in his face. much improved over his constant brainfarts whenever a defender got within 5 yards of him. i am sold on the guy now. you can tell that he has been working very hard at his game.

9. Mystikalilusion

Mystikalilusion Founding Member

Let's not forget App. State's last few years either, TT.

They were 6-5 last year, their only 1a opponent was at Wyoming, who they lost to 42-15. Year before that was 7-4, only 1a opponent was at Hawaii who they lost to 40-17. Year before that was 8-4, only 1a opponent was at Marshall, who they lost to 50-17.

10. TigrinumMajor

TigrinumMajor Founding Member

Looks like I was wrong about scheduling Div 1-AA schools. Personally, I wish that teams like Auburn and LSU would play more games like the Auburn - GA Tech and LSU - Arizona State games early in the season and less of The Pitadel and App State. Those are nothing but money games for all parties involved, including the fans, because it is our money! And then the SEC gets dragged through the mud for scheduling creampuffs...:cuss: