Eye of the Tiger or LSU?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by FOREVER LSU, Apr 28, 2003.

1. FOREVER LSU

FOREVER LSU Founding Member

As I strolled the campus at LSU this weekend, I had the privilege to walk into Tiger Stadium. The gentleman working there kindly invited my girlfriend and me to walk onto the grass. Wow! It must be an awesome feeling to run out and play there on Saturday nights!

Anyway, as we reached midfield, I noticed that the eye of the tiger was replaced with the diagonal-interlocking LSU. Was this just for the spring game or an experiment for the fall?

Personally, I like the eye of the tiger. I apologize if this topic is continually brought up. Furthermore, all Tigers should be proud of their beautiful campus! I have been to SEVERAL college campuses, and LSU takes the cake!

Thanks for allowing me the visit as I continue to cross my fingers that I am accepted for the fall!

Geaux Tigers
    :cool:

2. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

That new to me. Please don't take the eye out of the center of the field.

3. Catahoula

Catahoula Freshman

The same thing was done last year for the spring game as they did this year. The eye goes on just before the season begins.

4. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

thats just for the spring game...etc

it takes a lot of work to keep that color scheme going. no sense in doing it the entire off season...bad for the grass too

5. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

I'm really glad to hear you liked the campus 19TAMU98.

Good luck and I certainly hope you get accepted.

Just curious. What are the stats regarding the number of applicants vs number that are accepted in the school that you've applied? What do you give your chances?

6. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

I am probably in the minority on this board, but I liked the old "LSU" in gold as the center logo. Don't get me wrong, the Eye is cool, but I'm just a stickler for more old-fashioned logos and I really prefer our field say "LSU" and the endzones say "TIGERS." Purple and gold, of course. I'm more of a traditionalist.

7. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

screw the LSU I love the eye of the tiger. 19TAMU98 if you grad. from a&m you should get in. The only school you might have a problem getting in is the school of busn.

8. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

Although I have never really liked the eye, preferring instead something like the state of Louisiana with a star on the location of Baton Rouge with maybe "LSU" somewhere in there, it would be appropriate to keep the eye, especially given the latest "retro" look craze of mid to early '80s era stuff (See, the mesh-backed hats of the NFL draftees, the popularity of Air Force basketball shoes, etc.). Maybe Saban can don a mesh-backed Arnsparger era hat, Bike coaching shorts and white Pony coaching shoes and we'd be the hippest college 'round.

9. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I like LSU personally, dont know why. I just dig it. The Eye although true greatness sometimes by the 4th Qtr can look like a Tatoo done on crack. I know this is blasphemy to speak of such but a huge LSU I really like.

But that is just me.

I am glad you enjoyed LSU - Have you been through an August yet in Baton Rouge ;)

10. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

August in BR are killers. My worst experience was last years Moo State game. It was at 11:30 am, only game I went to to last year were I got a sunburn. It was freakin hot that day.