Eye of tiger vs Tounces

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpathdoc, Jan 27, 2010.

?

Eye of the Tiger vs Tounces

1. Eye of the Tiger

53 vote(s)
    56.4%
  2. Tounces

10 vote(s)
    10.6%
  3. Neither give me somthing else

31 vote(s)
    33.0%
  1. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

From the information I have gleaned through the years reading these boards it came to my understanding that this logo was based upon an actual photo of Mike III.

Have seen some bad duplications recently, but the original that was on the schedules the athletic department gave out in the 60's and 70's was way good.

2. LSUpathdoc

LSUpathdoc Trust me, I'm a Doctor

Well I have to say I didn't know that. Learn something new every day. Still its a same that it looks like like crap.

3. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

perhaps it does "look like crap," but it's fierce, original, and recognizable. so what if it's a bit rough around the edges, it's unique. toonces looks like some videogame-nerd-wannabe-graphic-designer's first go with corel draw -- in other word's, fail.

4. LSUpathdoc

LSUpathdoc Trust me, I'm a Doctor

I think you misunderstood me. I think TOUNCES looks like crap. I actually like this :tigerhead. Frankly I dont know why that wasn't the logo in the first place.

I think I also misunderstood I guess I though tounces was a drawing of Mike III but it would make more sense if this was :tigerhead.

5. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I have a couple of shirts with that logo on it, so at one time, it was used. I wish they would go back to it.

1 person likes this.
  6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

that hat is dope man.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

toonces just looks like a gay cartoon tiger. but he is still better than the malnourished auburn tiger.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

had some special at lids-- 6 caps for like 22 bucks. so it was like 3 something. kylek would be proud.

it probably costs that much itself now. i tried to get all non-toonces caps. i think i succeeded but not sure.

LSU Tigers Hats and caps at lids.com

9. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

1 person likes this.
  10. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

This thread has been running for a while, thought I would put in my two cents on the logo thing.

As you can see from my own Avatar, having an eye for what works is most important. My motto "If you dress for success you are a success regardless of the score".

The "Eye of the Tiger" has it's moments. For example the 50 yard line. That's the best look and kind of creepy which is good for opposing teams on a Saturday night. But otherwise loses it's effect on other stuff. Maybe too much ink you sort of lose that "Eye".
    I like the Tiger with it's paws on top of death Valley Stadium. Good look, very classic.

One more thing when LSU goes Purple, great look. Why not more often?

Tusktimes the early years: