Fahrenheit 911 trailor released

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by SouthLink02, Jun 7, 2004.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I don't consider Moore treasonous, but rather a pain in the a** that we have to put up with - Michael Moore is the price we pay for freedom. There were flat out lies in Bowling for Columbine and after hearing about Farenheit 911, I think this will be even worse. Bush & Bin Laden's families connected???? I pity the fool that sees this movie because they think it will be informative and knowlegeable. In fact, I have no respect for them because they are most likely an idiot.

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

i just watched the trailer. the end was funny, with bush talking about killing terrorists, then immediately encouraging the press to take a look at the golf shot he was about to smash. i love george bush.

3. Vincent4Heisman

Vincent4Heisman Freshman

The Bush family and the Bin Ladin family have done business together, back in the 70's.
    What people don't realize is that Osama Bin Ladin has been disowned by his family.

Bin Ladens father and brothers are normal oil guys from Saudi Arabia, to me, there's nothing wrong with doing business with a legit oil company.

For every Lefty, Bush Bashing, Michael Moore out there, remember, there are 15 more Bush supporters. Vive le Bush!

4. ashgeaux

ashgeaux Founding Member

I actually really want to see this movie, but I too refuse to give Moore a dime of my money. I doubt it'll be playing around here anyway.

From watching the trailor it appears he's doing his usual cut and paste job with people's quotes. There is nothing I'd like more than for this to win the Oscar nexy year, just after Bush has been re-elected.

I was watching Scarborough Country last night on MSNBC and they showed the New York premiere. Bill O'Reilly was there, he said he thought it was Shrek 2.

5. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

Far right conservatives did do a comparable hatchet piece on Clinton. It was called "The Clinton Chronicles" and was heavily pushed by Jerry Falwell. I didn't see any respectable conservative media groups rushing to finance or distribute the film, none pushing it for an Oscar, and it was so popular among conservatives that most people have never heard of it. Unlike liberals, who don't care how many lies Moore tells as long as he is promoting "the greater truth", the majority of conservatives have scruples and wouldn't be associated with slanderous films that make things up from whole cloth. Just another difference between liberals and conservatives. :usaflagwa :911:

6. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

Merriam-Webster definition of documentary:
    Main Entry: 1doc·u·men·ta·ry
    Pronunciation: "dä-ky&-'men-t&-rE, -'men-trE
    Function: adjective
    1 : being or consisting of documents : contained or certified in writing <documentary evidence>
    2 : of, relating to, or employing documentation in literature or art; broadly : FACTUAL, OBJECTIVE <a documentary film of the war>

Notice the words "factual" and "objective". It is reasonable to assume that most documentarians will inject some bias into their film but that is far different from making things up and grossly distorting facts to intentionally mislead the viewer. Moore's films are not documentaries, they are political propaganda pieces that may have some entertainment value but provide no educational purpose.

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

3 friends and i went to see the film tonight, but it was sold out, so instead of making 42.00 (10.50 per ticket) off us, we bought a pirate dvd on the street, so michael moore gets no money. sweet. yay piracy.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I applaud you. I would rather give my money to a sleazy street vendor than to Moore. If I could get away with it I would make thousands of copies and organize an army of vendors to sell copies real cheap in front of every theater it is showing at just to take the money out of Moore's pocket.

9. alaman

alaman Founding Member

Can one say Goebels?

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

We should pity Michael Moore. He's never had sex. He's fat, ugly and pathetic. Snappy dresser though. :hihi: