Fall Music Jam

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by KyleK, Nov 2, 2015.

1. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

How'd you spend your open weekend? I was lucky enough to spend mine out in the woods of Mount Herman with a bunch of old hippies who can play the shit out of the blues. The beauty of this event is that it is private. Musicians hanging out enjoying making music with each other. A few pics of my weekend:

[​IMG]
    This is the top of the trail heading down to the jam. It's a friend of mine's property. 40 acres with no neighbors. The trail on the left is tractor only. We put our gear on a trailer behind the tractor and then walk down the wooden sidewalk.

[​IMG]
    Heading down the path to the jam area. Very cool place. The school bus is a "green room" type place that is also the backdrop to the performance stage.

[​IMG]
    From left to right: Big Daddy "O", my brother Keenan, Terry B, and Trent. This was Friday night.

[​IMG]
    I know this pic is a bit blurry, but it's the only one I have looking from the performance stage back toward the seating area.

[​IMG]

Terry B on the harmonica and BDO on the bass.

[​IMG]
    Keenan on acoustic and Trent on electric.

[​IMG]
    Pretty sure this was Sunday morning. The blue tent in the background is where I was cooking. BDO and Keenan doing some mid morning acoustic.

[​IMG]
    BDO on his dobro and JC on his Martin. JC brought some moonshine that his grandfather made before he died in 1959! Some of the smoothest moonshine I have ever tasted. Wow! I was honored to get to try it.

The only other pics I have are videos. If anyone wants to see any of them, let me know and I will post. This was a really cool weekend. Only about 30 people or so at this one because of the rain, but those of us who were there had a phenomenal time.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Cool. Do you have sound on your videos? I'd love to hear it.

3. KyleK

I'll post a few when I go to town tomorrow. I live in the country and my internet is way too slow to upload them.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You don't have to wait until you go to town. You just need to get up higher where there is less interference with your bandwidth

[​IMG]

5. KyleK

@Bengal B , here ya go. I thought I had taken more, but apparently my picture button is too close to my video button!

Big Daddy 'O' and my brother Keenan

Keenan and his very good friend TerryB.
    Terry can play the heck out of a harmonica.

Trent Grabert, Keenan, and Zac Maras