False advertising

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUfan, Dec 7, 2003.

1. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

At this moment both ABC and ESPN are billing the BCS bowl games as:

Rose: #1 SC vs #4 Michigan

Sugar: #2LSU vs #3 Okla

What is going on? Did ABC and ESPN decide to drop the BCS rankings this year?

I'm sure I'll get over it, but this SC love fest stuff doesn't end. You have experts coddling Pete Carrol, telling him the Rose is the true NC this year. He was just on the local LA CBS sports show talking about how the Rose was the true NC game. Enough is Enough, beat Okla and end this madness. GEAUX TIGERS

2. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

ESPN, ABC, and USC need to give up on the "shunning the BCS" game. If USC had made it in under the current system, would they have said a damn thing? No! Have they said anything about the BCS before this weekend? No! Until the system is changed, this is the system. They need to live with it.

3. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

Exactly. I seriously doubt a LSU/Michigan would produce a split NC with SC/Okla in the Sugar. That is why I started this thread, it is false advertising, dirty pool, just plain wrong. I agree that this year could produce a national title, but they should do the decent thing and use the BCS rankings (like they have for the last 6 years).

4. Golfdude

Golfdude Founding Member

Slow down.....there is a logical explanation. ABC and ESPN (both owned by Disney, I might add) will follow their own poll rankings from now until the bowl games. The BCS Poll is now gone, all that is left is the BCS Championship game. Remember, the BCS does not crown the NC, the ESPN and AP Polls do. The BCS Poll is the vehicle used to try and get #1 v. #2 together for a game.

5. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

Re: Re: False advertising

the coaches poll HAS to crown the winner of the BCSCG the National Title. The AP however doesnt have to.

6. DRC

DRC TigerNator