Fannie Mae seeks $8.4B in aid after 1Q loss

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by DJM136, May 10, 2010.

1. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

my gut. i need someone to prove to me that from jan - mar 2010 that 97% of US mortgages were gov backed. mine isnt and i dont feel that special. the only way i would begin to see it is if they are factoring in TARP, not just freddie, fannie, VA and FHA.

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

unless your mortgage was sold to fannie mae and you didnt know it. i found out that can happen. when trying to get the closing done when selling our nola house, we found out that the mortgage had been sold to fannie mae, but we never received notice. however, the katrina insurance money was still held by chase bank. care to guess what a bureaucratic nightmare that was to untangle? it took almost a month longer than it should have to close, simply to get the insurance money out of escrow with chase and applied to the principle of the loan sold to fannie mae.

i hope chase bank goes into a financial sinkhole never to return. :angry:

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Much has changed over the past two years. The sources of mortgage funding have changed dramatically. The government-sponsored enterprises—Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and Ginnie Mae—now own or guarantee an overwhelming share of originations. At the same time, non-agency mortgage securitization and loans retained in lender portfolios have largely dried up.

[​IMG]

4. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

ok