Fans left due to the cold weather

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by sugarlsu, Nov 29, 2009.

1. TigerTime

TigerTime Founding Member

I don't understand the OCD issues some have with people leaving early. If you buy a ticket you can arrive and leave whenever the hell you want to. No explanation is necessary.

2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

That's right, but every person who leaves early makes our fanbase a little less awesome.

3. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

of course you can leave when you want.

but the whole fan base is cast in a negative light when there are mass exoduses for every home game.

recruits don't want to play in a half empty stadium.

what was once the most intimidating venue in the country has become a shell of its former self.
    Death Valley don't scare anybody like it once did.

4. downtown

downtown Founding Member

Scared that kicker last night in OT. Always scares the kickers...even the best of the best.

I know what you're saying though.

5. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Ya, you can also wear the opposing teams colors to the game. If you buy a ticket, you can wear whatever colors you want to wear to the game, right? Just because you can do whatever the heck you want to do doesn't mean you are helping LSU... and that's the whole point here that you are missing.

6. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

i agree, it's sad but we're no longer the best fans in college football. we're not even in the discussion.

i watched that boise game and thought if that was the LSU game 80% of the seats would empty.

i understand the thing about families and cold weather but do only men and no wives and children go to games up north??

so glad we got called out on national tv. it's about time. unless it's florida or bama LSU fans have become literally fair weather fans.

7. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

All I can say is wimps if you left this game because you were cold...

<<<< My two daughters and son after the Troy game...THAT was cold. I never even put on my jacket last night.

I'm also glad this team pissed off all the Miles haters by winning the freakin' game. To say you hope we lose so more people can jump on the Miles haters club bandwagon is a piss poor fan in my book and I dont want him in MY stadium anyway.

1 person likes this.
  8. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

no kidding!

was in North EndZone last night (P.S. very 1st row behind the band may be the sh!ttiest seats my ass has ever touched. dam tubas:cuss:). Wind blowing in my face had a little bite to it, but that game had nothing on Troy last year.

9. alientiger69

alientiger69 Freshman

Wyoming game in 1974 or 75 or 76{a brain is a terrible thing to lose},last game of whatever year,was very COLD was below 32*:tigerhead

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I was sitting in the upper nosebleed section, in the wind, and wore a sweatshirt and jeans. My daughter didn't even put her coat on until it was time to walk down the stairs (I just didn't want to carry it around anymore.)

And fwiw, my 8-year-old told me that we COULDN'T leave the game; she wanted to experience every single second. In fact, before kickoff, she said, "I really hope this game goes to OT like 2 years ago (her only previous visit to Tiger Stadium) because we need to pay them back, and I want the game to last longer."

I think she was a tad disappointed it ended after one OT. I, on the other hand, was fine with it!

1 person likes this.