Fans left due to the cold weather

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by sugarlsu, Nov 29, 2009.

1. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

the last game i left like that was oregon st in '04. got back to the tailgate spot just in time for OT. i remember being amazed we got it into OT.

reason i bring up that game is i think that's the only game i ever left that i was sure we were going to lose but we won.

1 person likes this.
  2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I was at my uncle's tailgate before the game, and most of the folks there were saying they weren't planning on going and watching the game. And if they went at all, they weren't going to stay for the whole thing.

It was all directed towards their hatred of Coach Miles.

My own uncle, who has never had a kind word to say about any LSU coach while they were our coach, said, "I wish we'd lost the Mississippi State game because we wouldn't have won another game after that. We could've gotten rid of that idiot Miles."

People actually agreed with him. These people called themselves fans. What a joke.

3. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

yeah i'm not a big fan of cheering against my team even if i wanted the coach gone.

the closest i've come to that was brady, who just had a magical way of winning just enough and at the right time not to get fired. but i still couldn't cheer against us.

that said, i really do like trent johnson.

edit:

also i saw a lady walk past our tailgate (i say lady cuz she had to be in her 40's this was not a college girl) with a sign that said "fire miles now"

damn.

4. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

I can respect that some people want him gone. i can even accept that some people have wanted him gone since 2005, no matter what he has accomplished.

But I can't accept or respect anyone that would wish a loss on us in order to validate their own feelings. People like that are usually excused from our corner of the campus.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

That was Stacey. :D

6. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I had my 2 daughters (11 and 14) and my 11 year old niece w/ me. Haley (14) was cold but the other 2, similarly dressed, were fine. I gave Haley my jacket which left me in jeans and a short sleeved shirt. It really was not bad. Maybe living in the hell known as Wichita Falls has toughened me up a bit.

The people in front of us left at half time, go figure. No matter the outcome, I have always stayed til the end. I think you owe the athletes that much.

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Now, you know better than that! Besides, I hope I don't look like I'm in my 40's!

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I knew he was fouling up . . . :grin:

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I wish I did.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

So is Tiger Stadium dead? Is it not the same place opposing players feared? Is this because of the fans or because of ticket prices being too high and not attracting the same crowd that made Tiger Stadium great in the past?