FANTASY FOOTBALL DRAFT BOARDS???

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Kal-El012, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

I have spent a little time looking at websites which have game day draft boards for sale. The average price that I saw looks to be between 20 and 40 dollars, but there are some over 100 dollars.

Does anyone here have a draft board they use? Do you recommend a certain website to purchase from? Do you think having a draft board is worth the purchase? Does anyone have a reusable draft board for sale?

2. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

I've been playing fantasy football for 4 years and frankly I'm addicted.......I use ESPN insider, about $40.00/year I think, and get all the inside position by position up to the minute updates. Way better than any paper publication you can get, by the time all the magazines come out and the season starts they are so out of date with injuries/cuts etc.....CBS Sportsline is probably the absolute worst advice you can get, but they run a good fantasy league if you are in one of those.....my league uses it. When it's game day and you need to know if you should start someone who's listed as doubtful, espn insider is rarely wrong. Not to mention all the insider scoop you get on any sport, GeauxTigerNation is a good read as well, included in your insider subscription.

I've won the league I'm in once and top 3 (in the money) 3 out of 4 years. I follow their advice strictly and take a few gambles on Eric Karabell's sleeper pics, he seems to be the most reliable insider........I cannot believe I revealed my inner most FFB secret....good luck!

3. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

damn. you're gonna make a great wife for somebody

4. tigerchick46

Dudes can't handle it when I beat them, which is often.......gonna take a special guy, which I thought I had :(

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

espn insider can be got for a couple books with the espn magazine. I think I got a 5 yr deal for like 8 bucks or something. Im sure as bad as magazines are doing you can find something similar.

6. tigerchick46

Worst magazine ever......

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

absolutely and cant even use to drain fried fish. strictly got it for the insider.

8. Kal-El012

I participate in two leagues a season. I have won two years in a row in one league, and the other I won 2 years ago and placed third this past season. This is the first year I create my own league as comissioner.

I think this season I am just going to leave it as a live online draft, and next season have a get together with all the team managers for an offline live draft. My ole man's bar hasnt been used in a while...

9. Kal-El012

I agree. I've yet to meet a woman who doesn't get sickened by the mention of fantasy football.

10. tigerchick46

Good friend of mine from U of South Carolina loves it too, she gets blinded into drafting SEC players only though.....I'm trying to get her in my league this year....also know two girls I work with who play, but they arent very good. I totally love all the trash talk associated with it :)

I don't think I could handle two leagues.....I know there would be emotional conflicts btwn the two. I get attached to my players and I've been known to draft a certain QB from the patriots once or 4 times :)