FANTASY FOOTBALL DRAFT BOARDS???

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Kal-El012, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I am the commissioner of my league. Entry fee is $150 and we actually do ours through CBSsports. The cost of the site is $150 but it is totally customizable. My league can't be run on free sites like Yahoo because we have a feature called " carry over" in which you can carry a player's points over during a bye week, but you have to post it before the game is played the week before the bye. So if the player breaks his leg on the first play, then you carryover 0 points...and you can't do shit about it.

Anyways, my draft is live. Even in the wake of Katrina we kept it live. The live draft must remain sacred. We get kegs and we get hammered and party and stare at the draft board for a couple hours after the draft is over and we make fun of and critique each other's teams.

So, anyways, I get my draft board from CBSsports.com. The position stickers ate labeled and color coded (QB's are blue, kickers are orange, etc).

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

CBS is the way to go. We have custom features for our league as well. Worth every penny... Had some mess up because I didn't have a feature about 0 points if have an illegal lineup and messed up a couple of weeks and I called and they fixed all the stats etc... Would have been a huge mess otherwise.

3. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Their customer service is good. They hiked up the price this year and I bitched about it and they gave me a promo code that was worth like $40 bucks off. I've been with them for 10 years.

Their app is decent, too.

Here's how long I've been playing Fantasy Football: I once drafted Barry Sanders (the year after he retired and everyone thought he may come back....I drafted him I the last round. Also, before the inter webs were really prevalent, we kept up with our leagues by tallying up points scored by using the stats in Monday Morning's paper. We'd either fax or call our lineup in on Thursday night and we were able to make one change to our roster by kickoff on Sunday.

One time I called in a change to the commissioner and he must've been hammered or something because he didn't remember. We argued about it and almost got into a fist fight. I was so glad when Yahoo started their free setup. That commissioner was a dick. I still don't like him BC of that.

4. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

Didn't know they had an app......thanks!