Fantasy Football Question

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by mobius481, Nov 11, 2015.

1. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

So I'm 7-2 and barring a monumental collapse should cruise into the 4 team playoff in my 12 team league. I have a solid team with good depth at qb and wr and reasonable depth at te. My rb's are the issue. Or I should say, my rb depth. I have adrian peterson and mark ingram as my starters. I've been playing a wr at flex all year because after those guys I have Ameer Abdullah and Charles Sims. I recently picked up Jerrick Mckinon for a backup to Adrian Peterson and I'm thinking of offering a trade of Ameer Abdullah for CJ Spiller in the event of a Mark Ingram injury. Abdullah just hasn't done much and I don't think he can help me down the road even if Joique bell gets hurt. I think Charles Sims would tear it up if Martin got hurt. I also think the guy I offer the trade to will take it in a heartbeat. Is this a smart move for me?

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I don't think this a bad move. It's really a non move. You're trading depth.

My problem this season has been injuries. I've seen 2 of my top scorers get put on IR, Philip Rivers is bipolar and only shows up against good teams, McCoy is finally hitting his stride, Ellington may as well have been put on IR he hasn't done squat since being injured, Jeremy Hill is the biggest fantasy bust of the decade, Jordan Reed's been hurt this season missing games, it's been a bad year.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

I'm 7-2 as well but I have Hill and Abdullah who've done nothing. Hell I'm not sure Abdul even plays anymore. I'm about to dump him. You gotta stay moving to win bc the even the first level players become inconsistent. I've noticed you have to stay crazy flexible to win consistently. Keep the roster moving esp 3rd tier guys. Move them like bad stocks weekly. Get the backup for fat ass lacy. He looks done.

4. mobius481

Yeah, that's Starks, he's not available in my league. There really aren't any decent RB's. The best one I could pick up would be Brandon Bolden. That's a total crapshoot but may be worth a pickup. Who knows.

5. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

I'm 6-3 and should be the 3 or 4 seed in our 12 team league. Inconsistency and injuries have hurt me all year. Like Tirk said - even the upper-tiered players are inconsistent.

I've got Forte and Hyde both out with injuries and had to make a trade for a respectable WR. I'm picking up and dropping every week.

But just about everyone in our league has been hit with the injury-bug/ bye-week combo. It sucks but it forces you to stay engaged and active if you want to be competitive.

I drafted Gurley in the middle rounds and since he's been activated, he's been awesome for me. Him and Jarvis Landry have been the most consistent performers, and I've gotten a boost several weeks from my TE - Eifert.

If I get everyone healthy for the stretch run I could really be dangerous. I might actually have a legit chance to win some money.

6. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

The only other choice is to look high and low for injured starters and try to get their back-up for that week.

7. mobius481

I just dumped Julius Thomas and picked up Bolden. Either he or white will blow up in Dion Lewis's place. The consensus is that it will be White but I have nothing to lose. I have Kelce and Thomas has only had one good game. I think I will still trade abdullah for Spiller. That protects me at RB and I'll be protected at WR because i have good depth. I'll just hope that Kelce stays healthy and that I can pick the right time to use Matt Ryan and Cam Newton although it looks more and more like Newton every week.

8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I was also hurt by injuries and waiting too long on suspended and injured players and just traded and waiver wired back to a decent team...the all handcuff team!!! Lost Levon Bell, dropped Abdulah. Now my RBs are Deagelo, Starks, Langford, Matthews, and Gore. As for Wrs I dropped Cruz and made some trades for Martaviouis and ended up with Demaryius, Jordan Matthews, Hurns, and Aiken. Just dropped Matt Ryan for Carr and still have Eli.

I don't think Spiller or Abdullah are solutions. I suspect that the trade will be denied because Spiller has a little value and Abdullah almost none at this time. Maybe go for the fences and try snagging Wes Welker or Pierre Thomas at flex to see if that pans out. Maybe a Matt Jones is on Waivers who is off this week but it seems like he is getting more work on 3rd downs with the Thompson guy injured.

I think McKinnon as a handcuff almost has no value either. We have already seen what he can't do with Peterson out last year. Vikings will revert to a unsuccessful committee RB approach like last year. Maybe see if Christine Michael as a handcuff to injury prone McFadden instead. Even Better go get Tevin Coleman has handcuff to Freeman. We know he is good.

Overall the best option is to not be conservative and make a big trade. Offer a 2 for 1 with a great WR or QB, etc...

9. bhelmLSU

Now that you said you have good WR depth...sounds like you have the tools to make a good trade to get some RB help.

Can't really trade Matt Ryan right now given he hasn't been producing but maybe go check out who is available at QB on waiver wire and trade Cam away. And/or go trade with someone who has a 2 good QBs to swap and get a RB included in the deal.

10. bhelmLSU

I am not sold any of the new NE RBs are going to blow up and if someone does it will be the other one you don't own or the one on your bench. Bellicheat drives fantasy owners nuts. I stay away. However, I think Blount is a good one to have and start on a regular basis.