Fantasy Football: Who to Start/Sit

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by chewie, Sep 17, 2011.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Ewww

Go with Cutler. I wouldn't pick Painter even if he wasn't facing one of the better passing defenses.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

cutler. Dude had one of the most unbelievable games Monday night despite a double digit loss. I have no idea how he got off half of those passes and they were on the money.

No idea how he remained conscious.

I cant see him having the same houdini qualities this game and it may be his last day on earth if his o-line continues.

I'd play him out of sympathy/memorial.

3. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Somebody straight dropped Mike Vick in my league yesterday. I get notifications via text message and almost crashed the car dropping Jabar Gaffney to pick him up. Am I missing something? With Phillip Rivers struggling a little, I'll have a decision when Vick comes back.

4. bhelmLSU

Yea that was a little drastic. Vick has 2 broken ribs but played with them. However, he has struggled fantasy wise the last 2 weeks but should rebound into some nice production down the stretch. I am sitting him this week in favor of Palmer because he is facing a NYG pass rush D if he plays. I would probably play Rivers this week and hope for the best.

5. mobius481

Vincent Jackson for santonio Holmes and Marion barber. What's the better end of the trade?

6. bhelmLSU

Vincent > Holmes

If desperate for a RB then might be a decent deal but I don't see Barber coming close to being in the top tiers of RBs from here on out.

I get to enjoy a nice off weekend.:grin:

7. mobius481

Okay perfect. I'm getting vincent in the trade and I'm giving up Holmes and Barber. I don't think Barber will be worth a damn but I picked up just because I thought I could convince someone he'd be good. I don't really need an RB. I'm gearing up for the playoffs with my team looking like this.

Vick
    Rivers
    Michael Bush
    Ray Rice
    Legarette Blount
    Mike Tolbert
    Vincent Jackson
    AJ Green
    Laurent Robinson
    Eric Decker
    Jermichael Finley
    Dan Bailey
    Houstan DST

I need to pick up one other guy to fill out my roster but I'm not sure who or what position.

Would you start Vick or Rivers this week. I'm thinking Rivers. I need a win against a week opponent and don't need huge numbers from QB. Plus I have to set the entire roster before the first game so I won't know 100% if Vick is playing.

8. bhelmLSU

Yea good trade. Vincent is up and down but I couldn't see you starting either of those two you gave up right now. Go with Rivers. They seemed to have turned a corner and ready to produce more. Especially with Vick iffy.

9. bhelmLSU

Who to start?

2 of the 3 between Nicks vs Was, Green vs STL, Laurent Robinson vs Tampa who is limited with a shoulder injury but will play again.

I have to start 3 RBs this week given the matchups for Rice, Felix, and Benson.

Also which Defense? Cowboys who got rolled last week by NYG but up against the turnover machine Tampa or Steelers vs San Fran?

Big Ben who I think I will replace with Grossman, Janikowski, and Grokowski are the rest of my starters this week.

Need one more win to play in Finals likely against my wife's team and to continue 7 game win streak. I get all the credit though because I drafted that team and her team has had very little transactions or switching up on starting positions and I made those decisions for her. I think we are bringing home the full pot regardless.

10. bhelmLSU

I would go Barber even though he has a tough matchup. Would suck if Smith played but hobbled during the game again. However, if Smith plays all game he should score more points. So now I am second guessing myself.