Fantasy Football: Who to Start/Sit

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by chewie, Sep 17, 2011.

1. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

One of the guys in the semi finals had both calvin johnson and matt stafford. It was like that all year. If they had a good game, he won. He obviously crushed it in the semis and is in the finals.

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

As for the flex, I would go look at projections and match ups for Moore and Gafney. Seems like Gafney is getting a lot of hype for this week. Smith is the other I would look at replacing but can't remember who Barber is up against.

3. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

Cedric Benson is up against the Chicago defense tonight. I know the Packers are a passing team, but I have heard somethings that would make me believe Benson may be the best RB on the team since Ahman Green. Do you start Benson tonight?

Also Lynch is pissing me off. Supposedly has a back spasm issue but yet played last week and I benched him. He missed practice yesterday, wondering if he should sit too?

12 team PPR league. Roster as follows:​

QB -- Ben Rothlisberger / Joe Flacco​
    RB -- Matt Forte / Marshawn Lynch​
    WR -- Victor Cruz/ Antonio Brown / Dewayne Bowe​
    TE -- Vernon Davis / Coby Fleener​
    K -- Jason Hanson​
    Def -- New England​

Bench/Flex options -- Stevan Ridley, Michael Bush, Rashaad Jennings, Dexter McCluster, Kendall Wright, Isaac Redman, Jonathan Dwyer, Cedric Benson, Ted Gin Jr.​

4. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

I sat CJ2K last week, it was a brilliant move, however I started Lance Moore in his place...

I am trying to trade CJ2K for Riddley, I think I am going to jump ship on him now.

5. Kal-El012

Should I start Michael Bush tonight versus Dallas? Or should I start Matt Forte who is coming off an ankle injury?

6. mobius481

I need to start two of these three. CJ Spiller, Fred Davis, and Scott Chandler. Thoughts?

on a related note, I'm in real trouble this week with my matchups.

7. Kal-El012

C.J. Spiller is a little banged up but suppose to be back I believe. Scott Chandler was also banged up a little but suppose to play I believe, unless it is a concussion he sustained. I think Pierre Garcon will be back and closer to full speed for the Redskins, which may hinder Fred Davis's value. If I had to choose two of the three I would probably pick Spiller and Davis.

I started Bush instead of Forte last week thinking Forte would not be 100% from the ankle injury. Needless to say Forte scored more points, and I ended up losing by 2 points. Ugh! If I would have started Forte I would have won.

8. mobius481

yeah, that was a tough one last week. I didn't see it til after the game. Anyway, the reason I was actually thinking chandler and davis was because the niners have given up 4 touchdowns to tight ends this season and chandler has scored 3-4. Doesn't matter. My matchups are so bad this week that I'm dead anyway.

9. LSUDieHard

LSUDieHard Founding Member

Give me some help. Would you play Eli against SF or Matthew Stafford against Philly?

10. mobius481

I personally would think Stafford. Eli is a great qb and niners are great defense. That's pretty close. On a related note, would you start the niners or ravens on defense?