Fantasy Football

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LaSalleAve, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

That is a bit too late imo. Elite QBs are points each week. When I have won, it was usually RB, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, K or D depending on the draft, then play it out from there. You usually win in free agency anyway as there are emerging stars every year. I picked up Colston in week 4 or 5 when it became clear Brees would keep throwing to him. He was money.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I've won 2 Super Bowls and both have come with pick em qb's, basically playing the waiver wire every week for match ups. I've had Brees 3 times, Rodgers twice and finished near the bottom in those years. If I can get Rivers, or Eli, or Stafford in the 5th or 6th I think I'll be good. Honestly it's all about the tailbacks. You can generally get receivers as the season progresses. I may just go tailback with my first 3 picks. We shall see.

3. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Just found out that I have the #1 pick for my draft this weekend. I didn't really want it.

Assuming I keep the pick, will probably go RB although not sure which one to take. Our league gives 6 pts for passing TDs (and 5 bonus pts for 300+ yds passing, RBs get it for 100+ rushing and ALSO 50+ receiving) so there have been seasons in which I've taken a QB in the 1st round. Someone like Rodgers or Luck would be tempting, even at #1 overall.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You could trade down for a lower first round and a second round pick

5. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I mentioned to a couple of friends over the weekend that I definitely wouldn't want the first pick this year and they agreed. I might have to give up a pick to get out of #1.

Leaning towards APeterson at the moment.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Would be a tossup between Peterson and DeMarco Murray. How much has the year off hurt AP? But DeMarco won't be running behind the Cowboy O Line either. Or for a #1 you should be able to get a top 10 plus a high to mid second round pick

7. LaSalleAve

So team 1 so far:

Eli Manning
    OBJ
    Amari Cooper
    Jeremy Hill
    Joseph Randle
    Jordan Reed
    John Brown
    Percy Harvin
    Joique Bell
    Gio Bernard
    Dwayne Bowe
    Matt Jones
    Denard Robinson
    Charles Sims
    Dan Bailey
    Cardinals D

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You better hope Manning has better protection and receivers than last year or he will throw too many interceptions. Hill should be a big producer and Percy Harvin could but he is a big question mark. Dwayne Bowe is past his prime but should be a steady producer of a few points per week. Cooper could have a huge year if Carr isn't flat on his back before he can throw the ball

9. LaSalleAve

The theory behind Eli was he has no running game and their defense is atrocious, he may throw 3 or 4 picks a game but he is gonna throw it on average 35 times a game. Plus I got his number 1 target too.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

mcfadden may be the starter in dallas if he can stay healthy. your team seems to be in dire straits either way.