Fantasy Football

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LaSalleAve, Aug 16, 2015.

1. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I've never played either of those sites and have no desire. Well, maybe one day if I had a lot of spare time, cash, and knew that it was set up to be a level playing field without the professionals.

The commercials are so freaking annoying that it makes me cringe. I also hear all of the local sports radio hosts (Houston area but probably everywhere else too) trying to make it sound so great because they are new sponsors to their stations. It's almost like you can hear their souls dying by trying to sell it (when they know it's sketchy).

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  2. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Back to "real" fantasy talk (playing in a league with friends).

In one league, I'm 3-1 and my team is solid. I drafted Luck in the 1st round but fortunately picked up Brady in the 11th.

In my other league, I'm 1-3 and struggling. My win was by 60 pts while my three losses were by a combined 12 pts. In week 1, I needed A. Peterson to get 8 pts in that last MNF game but he didn't. The 2nd MNF game also should have been a win but wasn't. Last week, I started Dalton over Brees and that cost me the game (also started A. Foster for a whopping 1 pt.).

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i have one team that is in serious trouble.

Shady McCoy - hurt
    Jordan Reed - hurt
    Jarvis Landry - bye
    Andre Ellington - hurt
    Steve Smith - hurt
    Jeremy Hill - handcuffed
    Carolina - bye
    Philip Rivers - sucks every other week
    Keenan Allen - depends on Rivers

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

They do it on the Baton Rouge stations too. "Jim, a 23 year old who started with a $125 deposit and WON A MILLION DOLLARS."

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

They do it everywhere they spent 20 million in advertising the first week of nfl games. They are like the Amazon of gambling. I knew it was rigged whether collusion or glitch cheats with all the damn revenue they're pulling in. Can you do private leagues amongst just your friends

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I don't know. Can't you just do private leagues on Yahoo or ESPN?

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Not sure if daily and weekly much less all sports. Plus no money management.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Louisiana is one of the states that Fanduel and Draftkings doesn't allow you to sign up for an account from. Must be some legal issue. A friend who played Fanduel when he lived in Chicago couldn't sign up until I showed him how to use a proxy to make it look like his computer was in Chicago. Now he is losing every week.

I've heard that there are other sources than those 2 to play fantasy sports. Maybe one of the smaller ones have it setup so you can create your own leagues. If so the probably would charge some kind of administrative fee to do it and pay out to the winners

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

That makes no sense. Gambling is legal here but you can't play draft kings, gambling is illegal in states you can play draft kings in. That's bass ackwards.

10. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

I traded Jeremy Hill and Keenan Allen for Aaron Rodgers and Darren Sproles.

My starting lineup for the week --

QB - Rodgers
    WR - Kendall Wright
    WR - J. Kearse for Seattle
    RB - Forte
    RB - Gurley
    TE - Eiffert
    Flex - RB C. Hyde
    K - Tucker
    Def - Buffalo

I have an Injured Big Ben, and Injured Nate Washington (WR for Hou) Jarvis Landry on a Bye Week and Darren Sproles on my bench.