Fantasy Playoffs Help

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by bhelmLSU, Dec 8, 2009.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Ok, I did not get the bye but 2nd in my division.

Basically, I have a team that is very difficult to make starting decisions. I have won most of my games but my bench is averaging anywhere between 60-90 points a game. Came close to my bench surpassing my starting lineup this week but came out with the W.

QB: Hurt Warner @ SF over Jay Cutler

RB: Ricky Williams @ Jax, LT @ DAL, Moreno @ IND, Forsett @ HOU, and Hightower @ SF

Need to start 2 or 3...

WR: Wayne vs DEN, Driver @ CHI, Holmes @ CLE, and Smith(NYG) vs PHI

Need to start 2 or 3

TE: Gonzales vs NO over Zach Miller vs WAS

K: Cundiff vs DET

DST: Giants vs Philly or Colts vs DEN (I do not have the Colts off the Waiver wire yet but I think I will after dropping the Panthers. Dropped Miami for a week and the Panthers got me 27 points last week but they play NE next week)

I am leaning to Starting Ricky, LT, and Moreno at RB and Wayne and Holmes at WR. I have to stick with Wayne despite the matchup and Holmes may be playing this game without Ward stealing receptions due to injury and Holmes had a very nice game last week.

Should I drop LT or Moreno from my starting lineup and add someone like Driver? Forsett could be an option if Mora finally realized Julius Jones is garbage this year but he gave Jones 23 carries last week with poor results.

2. bhelmLSU

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i thought Forsett had an injury. May be wrong though.

Kurt Warner
    Ricky Williams
    LT
    Wayne
    Driver
    Holmes
    Gonzales
    Colts

thats what i would do, you could also look into Moats or Brown from Houston now that Slaton has been placed on IR.

I don't love Wayne vs. Denver, but i like that matchup better than Smith vs. Philly, and i don't really like Hightower vs. SF, Frisco's defense against the run is really good, and if Forsett is injured or spelling Julius Jones i really don't like him either. Moreno vs. Indy is intriguing.

Question for you, would you go with a Roy Williams and Tony Romo combo vs. San Diego, or Vince Young and Kenny Britt combo vs. St. Louis?

4. bhelmLSU

I am leaning to Moreno over Driver or Holmes because I rarely start 3 WRs but I may do so this week.

Forsett played last week after being questionable during the week. He scored a TD but they still gave Jones 25 carries. Mora is an idiot and that is the reason I didn't start him. So I probably shouldn't do so again.

I would go with Romo and Roy and hope that the December collapse doesn't continue. One reason I say to sit Britt is because Gage might return this week which will take a few looks away from Britt. I would definitely go with Romo over Young though.

5. LaSalleAve

I like the Holmes vs. Cleveland move, i have him on one of my teams, and the only thing i don't like about that matchup is it being a Thursday game, and i really don't like having players play on Thursday, it never bodes well for me.

6. bhelmLSU

Giants vs SD

or

Colts vs DEN

7. bhelmLSU

Alright, I am benching Holmes. CBS is reporting the weather report for the game as heavy winds and snow. Steelers will do what they almost always do in these conditions and focus on the run.

8. LaSalleAve

Colts have one of the best defenses in the league. The Eagles can put up some points, Jackson should be back this week, so im not real sure about the Giants, and plus Denver's offense is anemic at times.

9. LaSalleAve

here is my issue.

league 1.

Tony Romo vs. San Diego
    Vince Young vs. STL

Leaning towards Romo but VY has been really good of late, and they play STL.

WR, RB, Flex need 2 RB, 2 WR, and either or at the flex.

Santonio Holmes @ Cleveland
    Roy Williams vs. San Diego
    Greg Jennings @ Chicago
    Kenny Britt vs. STL
    Beanie Wells @ SF
    Chris Brown vs. Seattle (Steve Slaton IR)
    Jerome Harrison vs. Pitt
    Caddy vs. NYJ
    Lesean McCoy @ NYG

As it stands i have Williams and Jennings, Caddy and McCoy, and Britt at the flex.

10. bhelmLSU

I like the lineup but it is a toss up between Harrison and Caddy IMO. I am leaning towards Harrison even though he is going up against the Steelers but it cold be risky because I expect a low scoring game with the weather tonight. Harrison is likely going to get more attempts than Caddy especially if TB is playing from behind.