Fantasy Question: All time Tiger...............

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsuirish, May 3, 2004.

1. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Cecil Collins

My backup pick would be Rohan.

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I sure would have loved to see what Bert Jones could have done with a real offensive coordinator and some WR's other than his cousin Andy. He was simply the most talented QB to ever come out of the state IMO.They would still be trying to break his records.

3. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

There was some guy named Bradshaw that came out of this state that was pretty darn good. I think he won a game or two in the pros too. :D :D

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Well, there was that Y. A. Tittle feller. You know, the guy in the NFL Hall of Fame.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

dalton popped into my head. I just can't get enough of those memories. He was great through and through.

6. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Dalton is probably still my all-time favorite so he would be my choice if it wasn't for the fact that we usually have a couple of top notch RB's on the roster.

Due to the fact that we could use an experienced QB next year (and every year), I would choose Rohan.

My silver and bronze would probably go to Lavalais and Webster. Having a guy like Lavalais to anchor the line and "predict" what plays were coming next is huge to a defense. A shut-down corner like Webster gives the defense so many more options to blitz when you feel confident about just leaving him on an island with no help.

7. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Billy Cannon at running back (played line backer on defense, and the team didn't pass, so everyone lined up to stop Cannon, and we punted on third down when deep in our own territory, so if we muffed, we had another down to punt, talk about conservative!). Bert Jones best QB I ever saw at LSU. Wendell Davis at WR. Mike Anderson at LB. I think all made 1st team all American.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

actually punting on 3rd down wasnt that abnormal then and believe it or not, LSU punted on first down more than once. That's pretty hard to fathom with the way the game is played now.

Also, after one more year with #13, he may become my all time favorite player. Or at least close if he plays like he did last yr. Still ecstatic he came back...hell i thought he was gone for sure even after his so called announcement to return.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Its hard to compare players from different eras. Billy Cannon only gained about 600 yards on a team that only threw the ball about a dozen times a game. What kind of stats would Bert Jones have amassed if he had been playing in 2001 with Reed and Clayton to throw to in Jimbo's offense? Not to say he would have done any better than Ro but probably just as good. How many yards would Jimmy Taylor have gotten if he had been the featured back in todays offense. When Cannon, Taylor, Terry Robiske and Charlie Alexander played the other team knew they were going to carry the ball almost every play and didn't have to worry too much about defending the pass. In those days you saw more 14-10 games than you did 41-38 games.

10. arizona tiger

arizona tiger Founding Member

BERT JONES....

Don't forget that he shared playing time at QB with Paul Lyons I think. What if he'd played as much as starting QB's do now? :champs: :geaux: :lsup: