Farenheitheit 9/11 movie goers

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by DeafValleyBatnR, Jun 29, 2004.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I didn't see it. I will not see it and I have formed an opinion. Michael Moore is a big, fat, ugly, lying, a-hole m*****f***** who needs to die a slow agonizing death in a public place, preferably at noon on the 4th of July. And those who defend him should be tied to a post near his decaying blob of blubber until only bleached bones remain.

2. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

That's fine, just don't be offended when people form their own un-educated opinion about you as well.

So much for the 1st Amendment, eh? I bet you believe every word Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity say, don't you?

3. SabanFan

Not believe, so much as agree. However, I haven't listened to Rush Limbaugh since 1987. Why do you freakin' liberals think everybody on the right marches to the tune of Rush?
    Sean Hannity, on the other hand, is intelligent and knowlegable. He sees what you ostriches refuse to see. Listen to him. He will set you free. Alan Colmes, though, can be tied to one of those posts. What a whiney geek he is.

4. MLUTiger

Why do you assume I am a Liberal? Not every conservative is a GOP tool.

5. SabanFan

If it quacks like a duck...

6. flabengal

flabengal Founding Member

I saw it today and if you go in knowing its based on distortions, etc. I think you can actually pick up some interesting things about the movie and the times we live in. The first thing that really hit home for me is just how powerful the tools are at people's disposal in the media. The capability they have in creating an "alternate reality" for their viewers, sympathizers, etc. is pretty impressive. There is no question in my mind that people in this country are experiencing their daily lives in increasingly splintered ways. By that I mean people on the left will gravitate toward things that conform with their opinions and visa versa for conservatives. It seems to me that the truth stands less and less of a chance with both sides tearing away at from their end.

The second thing that struck me is the way the country and world is really at the mercy of the elites. The average person stands no chance. It's no great revelation I realize but the poor are completely powerless.....the majority of human beings are dominated by the wealthy and the wealthy don't really give a **** what happens to the average citizen. A real picker-upper, eh? It reminds me of Jesus saying that it's harder for a rich man to get into Heaven than a camel to pass through the eye of a needle. I used to feel bad about that but I'm coming to believe they might just deserve what they get.

7. SabanFan

Dammit! That fat bast*rd got to you.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You're right about Colmes being a whiney geek but for a liberal he dosen't seem to be too much of a bad guy. He acts embarressed and apologetic for the really outrageous lies his fellow liberals are always spouting.

9. MLUTiger

I can certainly agree with that theory, white trash.

10. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

I'd like to see Micheal Moore try to squeeze HIS rich fat a$$ thru the eye of a needle. :eek: :eek: :eek: