Farenheitheit 9/11 movie goers

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by DeafValleyBatnR, Jun 29, 2004.

1. flabengal

flabengal Founding Member

Sorry I couldn't respond sooner but was away from the computer. Anyway, what I meant by the average guy doesn't stand a chance is very different from the way you took it. It's a pretty vague statement so no fault of yours. My point is that I really don't think the average guy, typical American family, etc. wants to embrace the liberal agenda for America. I would bet that Joe America doesn't want the following:

1) Flag burning
    2) Federal control of education system, resulting in bizarre sex-ed programs,
    poor standards, lack of discipline in general and an almost zero tolerance for the prescence of God/religion in schools.
    3) Abortion
    4) Gay marriage
    5) An economic policy that benefits the wealthy in the US at the expense of the poor and middle class.
    6) A judiciary in this country that has usurped the power of the legislature at every level. These people don't answer to anybody and overturn laws with impunity; laws that are supported by the majority of Americans.
    7) An immigration policy that by any reasonable assessment has to be considered a failure to the point of treason....the government refuses to protect the border.
    8) A foreign policy in the Middle East that puts us in a position where we cannot be considered as an objective or reasonable partner in talks between the Arabs and the Israelis. There is no other country on the planet that consistently votes against UN condemnation of Israel like the United States. I really don't think most Americans want to deny the Palestinians a homeland.

That is the type of thing I meant. I think most of these things are done deliberately by the elites in this country for their benefit. I hardly see how these things have improved the quality of life for the average American family. Feel free to fire away.......

2. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

I watched about 10-15 minutes of Bowling for Columbine over at my mother's house earlier today...There was a portion which included a "brief history of America" that was animated and had a bullet talking in a child-like voice about what brought Americans to America...

I cannot understand how Moore sees his way around claiming lies, deceit, corruption, and outright fear mongering amongst those whom he differs with philosophically by propogating lies, falsehoods, and outright fabrications in the same manner in which he accuses those he differs with of doing...

Two wrongs make a right for Moore, I guess....