Farewell, dear Dixie.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jean Lafitte, Apr 11, 2004.

1. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Right now, I'm moving my family from Little Rock, Ark, to New Jersey pursuant to military orders. The house is a mess, because we are organizing things for the movers. Those of you who have spent your adulthood in the military will know what I mean when I say that this is a trying time. I can't complain, though, because some of my fellow soldiers have already been killed in Iraq. Moving is tough, but it beats getting killed. Soldiers don't want to die . . . but we are sworn to take that risk in defense of our folks at home.

During my military tour in Arkansas, I've been a regular poster on the Hog board Woopig.net, it's true. Those guys over there are good folks, just like you and me. They love the Hogs very much. They have bashed Houston Nutt when the man deserved it. The Nutt bashers have been called "bad fans" by the majority of other Hog fans. I happen to agree with the Nutt bashers. I don't think that Nutt will cut it. I've not said that over there because I'm an outsider and a guest over there, but that's what I believe. The point is that fans who don't think a coach can cut it ought to be able to state that point without having his loyalty to his home team challenged. Hog fans who don't like Nutt are still good Hog fans. LSU Tiger fans who don't like Smoke Laval or John Brady are still good Tiger fans.

I've got to move away from my beloved South, and I'll miss you all dearly. I'll be back as quickly as I can. All of my fellow LSU fans should remember that I bleed purple and gold, always. I'm not going to the combat front in Iraq, so please don't mistake me for a hero.

I'll always be there to fight when Louisiana is attacked . . . just like I was in January, 1815.

It will take me a while to get settled up there. I'll be back here to post at that time.

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Good Luck and best wishes, bring Lafitte and his merry band back to the good Ole South one day soon.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

NEW JERSEY?????? Did you get caught with the Generals wife? What did you do that was so bad that they would send a Southern boy to New Jersey? Oh well you have to do what you have to do. Show those Yankees how a Southern boy boils those over sized crawfish of theirs. Good luck and Geaux Tigers!!!! :geaux: :lsug: :champs:

4. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Where ya movin to?

5. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Yeah, I know it.

Not only is it New Jersey, but it is close to New York City!

But we know that there are enemies of all Americans who want to destroy our women and our kids, whether we come from South or North.

We must all stand and defend.

6. LSU

LSU Founding Member

NJ is a great state.

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

highest average income of any state!

8. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

home of Tony Soprano

9. LSU

LSU Founding Member

And as long as you stay away from the Route 1-NJ Turnpike corridor, and Trenton and Newark, it's beautiful. Lots of great state parks, decent beaches, decent skiing nearby in the Poconos, small, quaint towns, great bed and breakfasts, close to Philly, NY, DC, and Boston, etc. The roads are horrible. It takes twice the amount of time you'd think it should take to get somewhere. The food is not that good, though, the pizza here is much better and the produce in the summer and early fall is great. The weather from November through mid-April is horrible -- it was 25 a few days ago, and we had our first 70 degree day since October this past week.

10. Good luck in Jersey Jean!