Fast forward to Sept 2, 2011: #1 Oregon vs #5 LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Jan 8, 2011.

1. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

I saw on scout.com, I think, the top 10 and bottom 10 as far as strength of OOC games. At the time, prior to 2009, LSU was on the list of scheduling cupcake OOC games. Really only a home and home vs. VA Tech in 2002 and 2007 to show for so far in the 2000s. Over the last few years and beyond, we are gonna be on the other list. Games against West Virgina home and away, long road trip to Washington, neutral site games vs. Oregon and UNC to open the year no less. Plus I believe a home and home vs. OU is on the horizon if I remember correctly. I like it. To truely be the best, you should play against and beat the best. I wish I could go to bed tonight and wake up on gameday vs. Oregon in Jerry World. I can't wait for that one!

edit:TCU is the home and home on the horizon. The OU games are like 8 years away.

2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

This type of offense usually gives us fits; especially the tempo at which Oregon runs it. Chavis should wait until after Monday's game, then start looking at film and design a D to slow them down. (That's assuming the coaching staff is still in place next year)

3. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

If Chavis doesn't figure out how to defend the spread, then the game might get ugly.

If Chavis is still our DC.

4. roynav

roynav free your mind

Huh? Whats this? You mean if Les leaves? Some other rumor? Or is this the 3000th "fire a coach" thread of the season?

5. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

237 Days, 6 Hours, 10 Minutes and 15 Seconds and counting

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I want to go really bad, however there is some bad mojo going on.

I lived in D/FW for 10 years, went in 1997. Well since 2007, when I moved back here, I have been back to D/FW while the following games were taking place. In 07 I witnessed Kentucky beat us in triple overtime at my Mom's in Mid Cities. That same year I came back for Thanksgiving at witnessed LSU lose at home to Arkansas in triple overtime.

In 08, I watched Jarrett Lee throw a bunch of pics vs. Alabama, in an overtime game LSU had a chance to win if they don't turn the ball over. I was at my Mom's. In 09, I went to D/FW during the Florida game, which was a 13-3 loss. And this past year, I went for Thanksgiving and what happened. Another loss to Arkansas. I did however watch the UNC game there this past season, so it's not like I have been shutout.

Also I was at the Cotton Bowl vs. Texas which we ended up losing. But that didn't really matter, because I lived there in 03.

I really want to go to this game, but, things haven't gone too well for me. My one saving grace is that, since going back to watch season openers, we are 1-0.

Correction I was in D/FW for LSU vs. Mississippi State in 07 also, so I am 2-0 since 07 when going back to D/FW for season openers.

7. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

I meant if Les leaves he might not be our DC next year.

8. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

I hope the roof will be closed like it was Friday night. We've played quite well in "domes" the past decade.

2-BCS Championship games (Superdome)
    2-Sugar Bowl games (Superdome)
    2-Chick-fil-A Bowl games (Georgia Dome)
    1-Cotton Bowl game (Cowboys Stadium)
    2-SEC Championship games (Georgia Dome)

The only loss I can remember was against Georgia in the SEC Championship when our DB was injured before the game and the Bulldogs took advantage with two long TD passes.

9. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

The season opener against UNC this year was in a dome, too.

We also played Tulane in the Superdome and won that one, too.

10. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Damn...I thought about the UNC game and forgot to list it.

I'm not sure about the other game. Tulane?...who's that? :hihi: