Fast forward to Sept 2, 2011: #1 Oregon vs #5 LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Jan 8, 2011.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I am sure as hell glad Casey Matthews won't be playing for Oregon.

2. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

[​IMG]
    Ask and you shall receive!

We are happy to announce that we are now accepting ticket requests from season ticket holders for the 2011 Cowboys Classic vs. the Oregon Ducks on Sep. 3, 2011 at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, TX. Season ticket holders can place a ticket request for the season opening matchup by logging in to their online account at LSUtix.net and clicking on “Season Renewals.”
    Ticket prices range from $70-$250 apiece. Please place a request for the highest priced tickets you would be willing to purchase. All seats will be allocated using LSU Priority Point Rankings as of May 31, 2011. If your seats cannot be assigned in the area you request, your request will be accommodated in the next best available seating area. Ticket prices and a seating chart are detailed below.
    Cowboys Stadium automobile parking passes are also available for $35 apiece and can be requested on the same application as the tickets.
    All requests are due by May 31. All other away game requests will be available in mid–April.
    You will be charged a $1 application fee within 3 - 5 days of this request and you will be notified via email concerning the status of your request in July. If we are able to allocate you seats, your credit card will automatically be charged for the cost of the tickets plus a processing fee. There will be no refunds or exchanges of any requests after announcements for quantity of seats are made.
    Available ticket prices are as follows:
    • Orange Club Level - $250
    • Blue Club Level - $200
    • Green Club Level - $125
    • Gold (100-300 Level) - $100
    • Red (400 Level) - $70
    • Click here for a detailed seating map.
    Thank you for your support of LSU Athletics. We hope to see you in Arlington as we kick off the 2011 season!

3. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

I like the "Green" section but don't want to get bumped down to "Gold" if there are none remaining when it gets to me. I would rather be higher in the "Blue" section than lower in the endzone.

If anybody hears how many seats are distributed to LSU, please post the number.

Also...any idea where the team will be staying?

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

College football live did their preseason top 25 and has LSU at 4 and Oregon at 3, so it's looking more and more like both teams will indeed be top 5.

5. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: The QB, LaMichael James and Lache Seastrunk. That should be enough to give The Chief plenty to think about over the next few months. Hope the Tiger LB corps really steps up and is ready for this one. The DL & DB's should be fine. Gonna be one hell of game regardless. :LSU231:

6. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

There was alot of chatter about LSU starting the year #1 or #2. That seems to have died down due to JJ and JL's performance in the spring game. At least on ESPN. I think that is actually a good thing. The chatter part that is. I've been one predicting big time improvements by JJ, but the spring game did make me think twice. I still say he will improve. Its just that maybe Mettenberger can put some pressure on him.

7. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

I wonder what mett would have looked like getting the first four possessions with the first team offense. I wonder how he would have done and what the chatter would have been about his performance. I would have loved to see him come out slinging the ball downfield.

8. lsxtigers

lsxtigers Founding Member

I just hope we bring more of our A game than we did against N Carolina

9. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

That does worry me. Les' teams do not start the season fast out of the gate.

10. bisonduck

bisonduck Freshman

The OTs are not new. Asper has 25 starts and Weems 8 starts in his career. Asper started the bowl game in '08 and hasn't relinquished his position yet. He started at Tackle exclusively last year. Weems has 8 starts and has been the 6th man for two years. York is the guard with 24 starts and Cody has 1 start but has been a key reserve for two years. We will have a brand new face at center and both prospects have much more upside than their predecessor. Armstrong has the oline's fastest shuttle time, squat lift and was a heavy weigh wrestling champ in Nevada. The important thing is replacing the leadership.

I am much more excited about the new DT and ILBS than last year's. Last year's DT were 275 each and really DE but due to non-qualifers were forced to play inside. Last year Heimuli and Keliikipi (321 and 295 respectively) are replacing them and they were the second platoon last year. They both played at least 20 snaps in every game. Clay and Alonso aer the ILBs and both have played considerable snaps since their true frosh year. Clay is our defensive MVP in spring right now.

The starting cb we are replacing was steady if not unspectacular. Gildon and Harris will be our starting corners and Gildon has 11 starts to his name. Don't even get me started about cliff harris, a consesus all - american returner/all purpose man and will definitely be preseason all american.

We do need a guy to step up at WR. Lavasier Tuinei is a two year starter and Josh Huff was an impact player as a true frosh. We got the best JUCO player at WR in last year's class and an all american in Devon Blackmon coming for summer fall camp. We need one to step up. You will see a lot of double TE sets with two senior studs at TE.

I am more excited about this year's team than last.

1 person likes this.