Fast forward to Sept 2, 2011: #1 Oregon vs #5 LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Jan 8, 2011.

1. bisonduck

bisonduck Freshman

You can check out the Duck's spring game on Saturday (ESPN2) at 4 pm est. For good info follow Rob Moseley at the register guard. He is not prone to be a homer and follows the team as beat writer for the team. Just google his game. He has a post right now on how the teams will be composed. Expect the defense to be way ahead since the drafted by position and the 1 and 2s will be split up.

2. Tiger15

Tiger15 Veteran Member

Look out for Lache but yeah I can't wait for this game! Going to be cheering LSU onto victory

3. Go!Hogs!

Go!Hogs! Freshman

I am pumped for this game. Oregon is going to lose back to back games to the SEC West.

4. GoDucks349

GoDucks349 Veteran Member

It's always fun to "TALK FOOTBALL" with opposing fans prior to a game. I've already read quite a few posts about the LSU vs. Oregon game and the board looks like a great place to post as long as it's kept respectful. I'll do that.

It should be a great game..........

GoDucks!!!!!!!

5. GoDucks349

What I'm curious about is how many carries Lache will get in this game. He may be #3 on the depth chart this year.

6. GoDucks349

So what's up with the LSU offense this year? Isn't the new OC Kragthorpe out of Cinn? Is he related to the Kragthorpe that was the Oregon St head coach a few years back?

7. GoDucks349

Agree Moseley tends to be pretty straight forward. I'd really look at the turnovers in the spring game more than anything. There's no way the offense timing will be any where near being "fine tuned" during spring with all the personel getting rotated. This is a problem for the spread, even going into the first game against LSU. This is why I'm worried about offensive production against LSU, well that and the fact that they historically have great athletes and a great defense. LOL other than that, this game should be a walk in the park (THIS IS MEANT AS A JOKE).

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I think you are full of it. I lost count of missed tackles on Cam after the 2nd quarter. We attacked plenty, just didn’t execute. There is a big difference in the two……

I think a lot of the miss tackles we saw in 2010 was due to over-aggressiveness to be honest with you., However, with his 2nd year, it was a marked improvement over 2009…..

Also, you mentioned the kneel, this was only resulted of a failed 4th down attempt in our own 20… I love how people point to this as if they are trying to make the game seem more out of reach.

Fact is this, in the first half of the AU game, LSU and AU were close to even in yards. Under 200 total for both…. The difference was going 3 and out 90% of the 2nd half for LSU….Blame of that game will always be with the LACK OF O that left the D out to dry..

9. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

You are full of it if you think that missed tackles resulted in 440 rushing yards. We almost never brought pressure, and seemed content to let the play come to us. Almost looked like a prevent defense; certainly yielded the same result.

Poor tackling is the result of bad technique, not a flaw in the scheme. Our defenders were perpetually out-of-position against teams that ran the option.

That's great. Too bad the game didn't end after the first half. Oh, wait. . .

And surrendering a million yards. Sure, our offense was completely inept. But, you could argue that the poor play of the defense put too much pressure on the offense. It cuts both ways, of course. But the defense played nowhere near it's capabilities that day.

10. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

He was recruited by Les Miles to play WR. Must have some insane hands if he's honestly that slow.