"Fat" Tigers Raise Saban's Ire

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TejasTiger, Aug 9, 2004.

1. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

The consensus, from what I've read, is that most guys reported in good condition. There were a few who did not, and it sure seemed to piss Coach off something fierce:

Talk about lead by example: the man is the hottest coach in college football (and the highest paid, to boot), yet he's acting as if he's on the hot seat, staying intense right from the jump this season.

You think Nick Saban wants to win it all again? Just a little bit? :thumb:

If this is the tone he took with the media, imagine what was said behind closed doors. :shock:

2. Gandalf

Gandalf Founding Member

Not to mention that it's a good motivational tool to get everyone fired up.:wink:

3. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

4. col reb

col reb Founding Member

The old Col has always said:
    this young 18 yr old may be sharp, but I didn't get this head coach job being stupid. MY 2 million a year is going to depend on the calls of a 18/22 year old qb? Don't think so. We may DISCUSS it, but I make the final call.

5. ramah

ramah Founding Member

14 Tigers showed up out of shape per my sources

They better get off their fat azzes and lose it quick over the next month.

Like the man said ... there is no depth chart ... and we all know a fat mofo out of shape will sink like a stone when the playing time comes ...

You gotta like Saban's intensity ... 14 out of 105 ... out of shape = 15% ... that's not too bad ... even if one of 'em is an All-American

The camp treatment they're gonna get with Saban riding their fat azzes ... reminds me of the Rocky movie with Mr. T ...

prediction .... ~P~A~I~N~

6. jrltiger

jrltiger Founding Member

I know P.J. Zimmerman, the freshman deepsnapper. Our dad's work together. His dad was tellin mine that Saban screamed for half an hour at them about being in shape. Didn't get any details about what was said, but that guy screaming at me for 30 mintues, I would be pizzing my pants big time.