Fate of LSU's baseball season might be decided Monday

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by clair, Mar 14, 2010.

1. clair

clair Rockets

Word is that Ranaudo will throw a side session on Monday. And if the results are not to the level he and the LSU coaches want them, then he will get a scope surgery done to see if there is anything in there more serious that originally thought.

I heard this from a very reliable source, so let's hope Monday goes well for the kid.

He threw last Monday and felt less pain than he felt before, so time will tell.

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Good stuff, thanks for the scoop.

3. clair

clair Rockets

my pleasure. Thanks for all you share, as well. :)

4. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

so a scope would have him out the remainder of the season? good thing he's a junior because if it is serious he has time to undergo TJ and recuperate/battle back for the MLB his SR year. of course, we all hope it doesn't come down to that.

5. clair

clair Rockets

no, no. he could get a scope that would show that there is nothing wrong and he would be right back on the same schedule.

But he could also get dug into a little deeper and find out something more is wrong. That is the fear, b/c they thought he'd be much better by now.

6. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

If this is the case, how long would surgery hold him up? I'm asking cause I don't know anything about these things.

7. clair

clair Rockets

an elbow scope would probably be a 7-10 days hold up with no throwing, etc...

But it wouldn't interfere with the current progress he would have made in his current healing process, because he has been feeling a little better as of late. They are just curious about what's taking so long.

8. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

I gotcha. Thanks for the clarification. Like I said, I don't know about em. I was just worried about recovery time. But, to make sure my brain is functioning at capacity, you're saying that the recovery from the surgery would be the same as if he waited it out? If so, that's good to hear.

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

IF they find nothing is wrong and its simply an in and out scope with nothing done. if they find a problem and have to repair anything, all bets are off, and given its the elbow, i dont see how not lost the rest of the season. the elbow is a small joint with a lot goin on.

even if its something like cubital tunnel and only needs pt, he still wouldnt be pitching without some adverse side effects, given that cubital tunnel can cause numbness in the finger tips.(been there, done that. its a bitch!)

i really hope everything is ok. this is something that impacts not just this season, but the rest of his career.

10. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

any news?