Faulk and Gay had huge games!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BostonBengal, Feb 6, 2005.

1. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Gay led all Patriots with 11 tackles and Faulk added 70+ yards of total offense, including some critical runs/runs after catch.

Outstanding performance by those two!

2004: The next NFL DYNASTY is born!!! GEAUX PATS! :champs:

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Don't forget the forced fumble by Gay.

It was amazing to hear them complimenting the rookie corners for the Patriots over and over. Seeing Gay line up on occasion against Terrel Owens was very interesting.

3. ChineseBandit

ChineseBandit Founding Member

Haha I've heard that Blue was asked about Freddie Mitchell after the game and he replied: "Freddie Mitchell? Did he even play?"

Score one for Blue!

4. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Let's be honest. Alot of those tackles by Gay were on passes completed to the receiver he was guarding. That said, his forced fumble was key and a great play. He also didn't let anyone score on him so all in all I think he played a good game, just in a bend don't break manner.

5. BostonBengal

Yeah, I thought they would put Samuel across from T.O.--because Samuel is bigger and a little more stronger than Gay.

I thought they would really try to jam TO at the line, and force him to push off of his bad ankle.... But Gay certainly held his own. TO's longest gain came on a "no-call" illegal pick that was set by Mitchell, on Gay, on TO's crossing pattern. Other than that, his catches went for minimal gain.

6. BostonBengal

But a lot of those catches were great plays--either by making a good throw from McNabb--putting the ball only where his player could catch, or by the receiver making a good adjustment to the ball.

The majority of the time, Gay was in good position.

7. ChineseBandit

ChineseBandit Founding Member

I never saw Gay let any receiver get separation. The pick was obvious. He only missed one tackle on Owens.

BTW, he lead the game with 10 tackles.

8. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Rodney Harrison had more catches than Mitchell did. 2-to-1.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

thats funny when you really think about it given the 6th WR in yardage for the phillies known as freddie mitchell tried to get his 15 mins running his mouth.

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

The Eagles also went deep to Gay's guy 4 times during the game with the acrobatic catch by Pinkston be the only one to get completed.

I have to say Collingsworth gets awfully confused by his own thoughts; first he said the Pats need to play bump and run and not let the Eagle WR's get off the line cleanly and to make TO have to push off his bad ankle, then 2 plays latter he said just the opposite, this happened a few times during the game.

But I also have to give him kudo's when he during the 4th quarter he said that so far the story of the game was the Pats 2 young corners. Gay also dropped an int, if he catches it he may have been the MVP.