Faulk and Gay had huge games!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BostonBengal, Feb 6, 2005.

1. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I was so disappointed when Gay let that pick that was in his hands fall in the first quarter.

I got really pissed when Faulk picked up all the yards on that drive early in the 4th quarter and then they let Cory Dillon run it in from 3 yards out. Faulk deserved at least one carry from near the goal line. Also, if it was that he was tired, they could have put him in on the second drive of the quarter where they ran it 3 times, then had to settle for the field goal.

2. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

well at the end of the game they did give it to faulk on 3rd and goal from the 5, he got stopped and they kicked a FG.
    yea, but Gay is definitely one of the better deep ball defenders i've seen. But when he lined up against TO, he looked so much smaller than him...but a lot of TO's catches came from the big cushion Gay was giving him
    great game for Gay and Faulk though
    Geaux Tigers!

3. BigMamou

BigMamou Founding Member

It was Patrick Pass.

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I wanted Faulk to get the ball to score on that drive, too. But sometimes it doesn't work that way. Remember when The "Fridge" Perry got to score in the Super Bowl, and Walter Payton didn't?

Randall Gay played a great game, and he ran his legs off out there. I was so proud of our former Tiger.

5. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

After seeing a lot of Patriots games, you get used to that. Faulk has always been a silent contributor to that team. The role he plays for the pats is truly admirable. :tigerhead

6. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

i was so excited when Faulk caught the screen pass and got to the 2-yard line and tried to dive into the endzone, that would have been amazing if Faulk scored on that catch

7. LA_ex_pat

LA_ex_pat Freshman

I kind of feel sorry for Gay.

National championship Jan 2004.

Superbowl championship, Defensive starter, Feb 2005.

22 years old.

6 figure income (soon to be 7).

Played for 2 of best coaches ever.

What else is there to live for?

8. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

I was ticked also in the 4th quater after Faulk gained all those yards and put them on the 2 and they Dillon score. Personally I like the running of Faulk better, he is more explosive and quicker. Dillon is better up the middle though.

Concerning Gay. he played great and I liked hearing Chris and Troy complete them so much. The only time I can fault Gay was not hitting T.O. hard when he caught his first pass and TO did break a long one on Gay.

TO turned around and squatted, caught the ball and spun around to the outside around Gay. That will happen to the best of them though. Gay had a great game. :thumb:

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I'd never worry about a corner not hitting someone hard, their job is to make sure the guy goes down, the safeties do all the hard hitting. And TO is probably twice as strong as Gay is.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

not to mention he was in man coverage and almost zero deep help the entire game so his first responsibility was to keep that monster in front of him.