Faulk and Gay had huge games!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BostonBengal, Feb 6, 2005.

1. nrsaint

nrsaint Founding Member

I agree. I was a bit more than disappointed though, I was pretty darn upset. :mad: Then when Dillon goes out, the line P.Pass up in Tailback and give him the ball. Why not Faulk???:confused:

He deserved a shot. Not b/c I'm an LSU guy. But the most important drive of the game, that put NE ahead 21-14... it was Faulk who got almost all of the yards up to the 2 yd line. Great to see the LSU Tigers contribute and get so many calls on Nat TV.:hihi:

2. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Kevin Faulk is not a goal line back. He's a 3rd down back and that's how Belichick uses him. That's what he does best. He has the quickness to break 10-15 yarders in passing situations and is great catching the ball out of the backfield.

I wish Faulk would have scored too. But, it was a tie game and the Pats had to make sure that they scored, hence Corey Dillon, who's stronger and more powerful than Faulk, came in to pound it in. I'm sure Faulk himself would say the same thing... i.e. "I wish I would have scored but Corey is our goal line guy."

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

doesnt work that way. you dont earn a chance to score, its whos best suited to pound it in. as lsugrad said, it happens every game NE plays and its nothing new. while seemingly bad for kevin, he's very unselfish and only wants to win.

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Indeed. He's come a long ways since his "All Eyes on 3" haircut days.

5. NCTiger

NCTiger Founding Member

Kevin and Randall made me very proud to be a Tiger last night. Gay played as hard as anybody on the field. Faulk is a team player for the Pats. He knows his role and gives it all when its his turn. Did you see him first out on the field to congratulate Dillon after he finished off the drive.