Fave show on Food TV?

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by LSUdude, Apr 4, 2004.

1. LSUdude

LSUdude Founding Member

I like to cook so I tune into Food TV quite a bit....

Fave shows:

(1) Good Eats with Alton Brown.....I always learn something watching his show, although I could do without the gags. The guy knows his stuff.
    (2) A Cooks Tour......Tony goes all over the world to eat....Each show is a different city with different food. And this guy will eat ANYTHING...Always interesting to see what where he will go and what he will eat. The show is pretty funny at times too.
    (3) Iron Chef.......Good entertainment. Like to watch what these guys will cook under pressure situations.

Least Fave:

(1) Bobby Flay.....Sometimes cooks some really interesting stuff....but I cant watch cause the guy is so in love with himself. His arrogant attitude turns me off.
    (2)The Naked Chef.....British cook Jamie Oliver cooks some nasty bland looking stuff. Somebody get this guy some Tony's! Now I know where Britian got their reputation for bad food.
    (3)Emeril Live.....OK, I'll prob catch heat for this choice.....the guy can cook no doubt, but his act has gotten old. The show would be so much better without the live audience (I mean cheering hysterically when he adds garlic to a dish...C'mon)....and the guy who performs the live music....Doc, I believe is his name.....is worthless. I wonder how much this guy gets paid to play the chimes when Emeril adds salt to a dish......and please, do away with the "BAM"!!!

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

good eats is not only the best show on food tv, but one of my favorite overall shows. i tape it and almost never miss an episode. in fact right this second i have pizza dough rising that i was taught by alton brown. in a week or so good eats is moving from 11:30PM and 3:30AM to 7pm (eastern). i also like unwrapped, because since i was a kid i have loved to watch stuff get made in factories.

good eats and survivor are the only non-sport things on tv i make a real effort to watch.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The Iron Chef

4. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

30 Minute Meals
    Food 911
    Unwrapped

Unwrapped is hosted by Marc Summers, formerly of Double Dare!

5. Uncle Gus

Uncle Gus Founding Member

I like Good Eats, because it's real name should be "the geek cooks" - it's interesting to look at the science side of cooking, and have stepped up my game in the kitchen from what I've learned from watching...

I like Jamie Oliver, although much of the food he prepares is out of my range, he's interesting in the way he sorts of throws, clices, and pounds the foods together,....
    I have one of his large mortar & pestle for a gift last year for grinding herbs,,,,,

I'm tired ofBobby Flay & Emeril, but ocasionally he has a nice reciepe

Nella Cucina from PBS on Saturdays

6. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

current favorite show: everyday italian
    prior favorite show: i think it was a guy named....hmmm.....justin wilson? :wink:

7. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

Good Eats is a great show. I prefer it when it's less "animated" but when you learn the science of cooking it allows you to apply it in many other areas.

One show that I love that appears to be returning is "Into the Fire". A great behind the scenes look at restauranteuring.

8. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

I like both of Rachel Ray's shows:
    -30 Minute Meals
    -$40 a Day

9. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

This thread is funny.

I started watching this channel a few months ago.

I like Emerils show.

I also like unwrapped, Bobby Flay, good eats, and under $30 dolllars. I think that is the name. Some chick travels somewhere and eat for a total of $30.

The only show I really don't like is Iron Chef.