Favorite Condiments

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by Bengal B, Jun 28, 2014.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Our "Short Trip" we sometimes call the "Girls Trip" Most women like the short trip, 2 1/2 to 3 hrs., after that most are ready to quit, they've had enough. One girl likes to make the longer trips. The longer trips may have fishing, guns, swimming, etc. No worry of when to be at the get out point. In the Fall, I'm ready to make another river run.

2. jessicabarton

jessicabarton Freshman

There are a lot of class condiments out there, but, like Highlander, there can be only one on top of the pile..

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

In the end, there can only be one. Let it be Heinz Ketchup

4. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

Sounds like an amazing trip and life experience, would love to experience something like that if I could stick it out. I hear the bugs (biting flies/nats) can be terrible in Canada in the summer, any truth to this? I'm headed up there with my BF next month to go fishing (Plummers Lodge), nothing like you did but I'm excited.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The fishing is fabulous. The mosquitos are worse than South Louisiana and the black flies are worse than the mosquitos. Take a serious DEET insect repellant and many also carry a insect headnet. They won't bite much if you use the repellant, but thousands of them will hover inches away from you and the buzzing is maddening. It took us about 3 days to learn to ignore it. Surprisingly, Avon "Skin So Soft" bath oil is also effective again the black flies, but it makes you smell like a French whore.

Try a short 3 or 4 day trip and see if you can handle it before trying a longer expedition. In that country you can expect to see eagles, moose, bear and lots of wildlife . . . and there are no poisonous snakes in Canada! It really is a wilderness. And it is so far from a city that light pollution is nonexistent. You can really see the stars and the milky way.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Uhhhh, perhaps salt?

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Until just a few years ago I had never heard the word condiment applied to salt. I have always considered salt, pepper, cajun seasonings, garlic powder, ect to be spices while condiments for the most part were liquids like worcestershire sauce or colloidal suspensions like mayo, mustard and ketchup

8. plotalot

plotalot Veteran Member

Ketchup, no matter the brand or how you spell it, is a vile sauce made for people who think they don't like tomatoes.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

You must be a salsa man. Jerry and George will tell you why

LSUDad likes this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

KFC's New French Fry Is A Ketchup-Lover's Dream Come True
    If you consider the French fry a mere vessel for ketchup consumption, KFC Romania's cutting-edge creation will have you jumping for joy -- and reaching for the Heinz bottle.

The hollowed-out center of the new fries creates a paramount cradle for transporting ketchup and other dipping sauces from hand to mouth.

[​IMG]
    While ketchup is, objectively, the only appropriate condiment to be eaten atop the French fry, KFC Romania presents other offerings like curry, sweet and sour, and garlic sauces for the stray palate.

These novel fries appear similar to Tostitos' Scoops, the beloved, bowl-shaped tortilla chips that make dipping chips into salsa (and guac, artichoke dips and truly anything that can be served into a bowl) a breeze.
    [​IMG]
    Stateside ketchup lovers will have to continue to hollow out their fries by hand until this product comes to America.