Favorite Wine and Spirits

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Apr 2, 2008.

1. lsubatgirl04

lsubatgirl04 Cupcake Thief

Thanks! I haven't had Everclear in a long time.

I hear thats what they put in the margaritas at Superior Grill that cause them to be so strong. :thumb:

2. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Two entire limes or two wedges ?

3. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

I subscribe. I've never tried a wine they recommended and been disappointed. The magazine also has a list in each issue of values and smart buys. Both direct you to good wines that are relatively inexpensive and good. The articles are very interesting to read. Only non-sports magazine I subscribe to.

4. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

*OUGLUHGUGWEAHHHHHBBO*

That was me heaving my toenails. Everclear is the true root to all evil. Toss in Mescal, the old kind back when you HAD to go to Mexico to get, and Boonse farm to cover the wines.

...and had an incident with everything else in between. Sorry but I was a huge boozer when I was a kid. Took years to even pick up a beer. Cept for those couple of shots of tequila back in 98 (night of the great Korean flood of 98) not a drop of spirits in over 17 years.

I do like picking out a cool wine however this is exactly what I know: Wine store (Wines only) buddy of mine sells me wine according to menu, and purchase anything from 98 and put it in a nice dark place. This has worked out for years and never a stink eye from anyone. I have always been complimented on the pairing and feedback tells me I have never been ripped off. I don't like wine so therefore I don't take it serious enough to write the names down, all I have to do is trust Dave at the wine store.

Beer is a passion. The only two things I have not done with beer is seduce a picnic table and beer pong. I assume now since we can come out of the closet on our patio furniture, beer pong will be next on the to do list.

5. LSUgirlinTx

LSUgirlinTx Is it game time yet?

This sounds like something that I would have thought was a great idea and ended up, to quote CajunlostinCali, OUGLUHGUGUWEAHBBBBOO for the rest of the night. My husband and his friends called the Tang and Vodka mixture "panty droppin juice" back in the day (they wish :rolleye33:) :lol:

wedges

Also, as the weather is getting lovely and soon to be mega hot, I'd like to add that Gin and Tonics are the most lovely and perfect hot weather drink.
    Gin Gin Gin
    I love Gine
    Watch it go down
    Down into my belly

Dude- WTH is up with there being a low supply of Abita in Houston? Central Market told me that they changed their supplier and they only send trace amounts to the stores :cuss:. You can get Purple Haze here, BTW.
    So, to all of you lucky La people- enjoy your free flowing Abita beer. Think of me and my having to go to out of the way locations to find it :bncry:

6. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Yeah, apparently Abita changed their supplier and there are some wrinkles to get smoothed out. Same thing happened with Bass last year. It will get worked out in another month or so. Best to just go to Specs downtown. They will always have it.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Here is what I'll drink:

Gin and tonic -- before dinner, doesn't color the palette. Usually Gordons.
    Rum and Coca-cola -- backyard barbeque favorite. Usually Barcardi dark.
    90-proof Bourbon and water -- poker with the boys. Usually Evan Williams.
    100-proof Bourbon and Coke -- football drink of choice. Usually Wild Turkey.
    Scotch and water -- anytime. Usually Johnny Walker.
    Single malt scotch and water -- special occasions. Usually Oban.
    Vodka and grapefruit juice -- afternoon drink. Usually Skyy.
    Vodka and V-8 -- morning drink. Usually Skyy.
    Tequila shots with lime and salt -- jump-starting a beer night. Cuervo usually, expensive Mescal when impressing girls.
    Vodka martini . . . shaken, not stirred -- when danger is my middle name. Stolichnaya definitely.

I won't drink anything with milk, cream or syrup in it. In a Mexican restaurant, I might have a margarita on the rocks, but I don't like sweet drinks mostly. Amaretto on cracked ice instead of dessert maybe.

Frozen daiquiris are for getting drunk with girls and on such occasions I will swill the stuff. Otherwise . . .

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

failed to mention rum and coke. but i wasnt particular about what kind of rum.

9. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I dont mix alcohol, my scotch is on the rocks, my vodka is on the rocks, my whiskey is on the rocks or neat. Mixers get you sick and in trouble.

Red55, Oban is a great single malt:thumb:

1 person likes this.
  10. LSUTigerDad

LSUTigerDad 2009 Pick Em Champ

Ditto to all of the above and what is to follow.

2 people like this.