Favorite Wine and Spirits

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Apr 2, 2008.

1. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

:eek:

2. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Almost any Merlot around $12 a bottle.

Oban.

Jack Daniels.

3. TheDude

Not a big fan of American whiskey, though some single batch bourbons do it for me. I never mix them with anything, except a few cubes of ice. A little water always helps suppress the alcohol on the nose and brings out the flavor.

Fanatic about single malt scotch, and really can't bring myself to drink blended scotch, unless it's the only alternative. See, I can compromise!:lol:

I don't like licorice, so I just cannot drink Sambuca, or Anisette. Just can't get past the flavor. Other than that, almost anything goes.

4. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

What about grappa? Brother brought me to a grappa bar in Houston, can't say that I enjoyed it at all.

5. TheDude

That's a good question. Most of it tastes like diesel fuel. I have had a lot more bad grappa, as opposed to good grappa. The main problem is that "good" grappa is terribly expensive. If I am going to spend that much on a bottle of booze, I would rather it be scotch.

6. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

My brother was very excited to bring me to the bar knowing how much I like wine. Didn't have the heart to tell him how bad I thought is tasted!