FB Tigers #6 in attendance

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Feb 18, 2004.

1. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

I call bullshit....no way in hell did Arizona State put 54K as average in sun devil stadium... Not last year and not 2004 they were lucky to have 25k......I went to a couple of those so called games.....BS

2. arizona tiger

arizona tiger Founding Member

He's right about ASU. I've seen more people at high school games at Memorial Stadium in BR than at some ASU games. They are PATHETIC!

:lsug:

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

There are currently NO plans for a south end zone upper deck. The lower bowl at Tiger Stadium is huge, compared to most stadiums. A south end zone upper deck will be so far from the action that few people will be willing to pay to sit that high for a poor endzone view of the field. Not with most of the games on TV. Hell, the higher parts of the present sideline upper decks are not very good seats -- people avoid them. Lots of no-shows for TV games. LSU plans to make it's money in the future from surcharges on premium seats, not on more seats.

To that end, I predict the next stadium renovation after the new west upper deck now being built will be the replacement of the lower bowl. Parts of the "old stadium" are 80 years old, deteriorating, and aren't going to last much longer. People paying those $400 sideline surcharges will be demanding a better environment than the small, poorly lit ramp, restroom, and concession areas they are barely tolerating right now.