Fears

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by lsubatgirl04, Mar 26, 2008.

1. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I hear ya!

I was under my lake house last week running some new wiring from my boat dock to the electrical panel and I will NEVER, EVER get that far in my crawl space again. Along with the normal fears of snakes, varmints and other creepy bugs and stuff, especially on the lake, it was so tight I almost got stuck under some duct work. At best much of the area has 18" of clearance and when my central heat and air was put in they ran the duct work as they were exiting the crawl making it totally impossible to get in some areas and almost impossible to get in others. I was under there for 30 minutes securing and feeding that wire where it needed to go. If I had gotten stuck there was nobody within a couple hundred yards never mind anyone that could hear me yelling if it came to that. When I got out I was shaking like a leaf.

Thats the most scared and freaked out I have been in a long time. I even had a bad dream about it a few days later. NEVER again.

2. kedo15

kedo15 Founding Member

That reminds me of the first canoe trip i took my wife on.Our black lab was a puppy,about 8 months old.We are canoeing down the Bogue Chitto and just underneath the water barely causing a ripple was a limb sticking up .We hit it dead center and the canoe flipped over dumping everything.The canoe fliipped all the way over ,now half filled with water.My dog jumped back in the canoe,with a look on his face like"what the hell was that".Meanwhile my wife jumps into my arms yelling "I can't swim ,I can't swim I can't swim"

after about thirty seconds of this i was finally able to calm her down enough to say " could you please just stand up,the water is only about 3 feet deep here.

3. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Suffocating, drowning, torture, and that feeling you get when you turn your head for one second in a public place and don't immediately see your small child and panic...only to see they're playing under a table or hiding from you behind a rack of clothes. (My kids are older now but I hated that because for a fraction of a second you think the worst.)

I'm also scared of liberals...:hihi:

1 person likes this.
  4. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

you mean Liberals. There is a difference. Cause by default, you are a liberal.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Yep, this is what I am talking about.

No way in hell I come close to putting myself in that situation. I used to hate getting under the house just a few feet, and that had ample clearance.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

My worst one was being swept under a log jam in flood water on the upper Amite. We had no business at all out there by ourselves in those conditions, but we were 26 and fearless. Testosterone and adrenaline is a remarkable cocktail but encourages recklessness. We had already had about four close calls but the water was really kicking ass when we came around a bend and there was a jam completely across the channel. We tried for the point bar but plowed into the jam sideways and the current rolled us under.

It absolutely mangled the aluminum canoe. I was under for close to a minute and thought I bought the farm when the mangled canoe tore through the branches and took me with it. My damn strong bowman had managed to pull himself on top of the pile as the canoe rolled and jumped in when I came up and pulled me to the bank. Very close call.

That drowning feeling is scary.

7. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i agree. wow to your story red. that scared the crap out of me just reading it.

which brings up one more fear. not one of mine, but i would image the fear of most mothers of sons......

9. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

I was never really scared of snakes, but I had a lucky brush with one a few years back.

I went help my neighbor with a few things in their yard right after work one day. He caught me just as I was getting out of my truck (turned out to be a good thing). I was moving something next to his house, I saw a copperhead in the "attack" position. He stuck the steel toe of my boot before I could even move. It didn't even pierce the leather, but left a venom drip on the toe. (Snake died of lead poisoning a few minutes later). If my neighbor had waited a half hour or so before asking for my help, I probably would have been farefoot (sandals at most).

10. kedo15

kedo15 Founding Member

Red ,I don't know if i would have ever seen the inside of a canoe again,and i might not have been to fond of water after a call like that.

wow