Federal Employee's

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Kikicaca, May 26, 2018.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

So lets see it takes sometimes 1 year to fire a Federal employee. Trump by executive order is trying to end this outrageous law. Now let's see the Federal government works for us right? We as citizens get fired by our employer at their discretion right?

The federal workers union is calling this executive order an "attack on democracy". Are we to believe and accept federal workers are better than us and have more rights than the people they serve?

Keep voting democrat

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

[​IMG]

LSUTiga likes this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I told a friend who works for the state that if all state employees didn't show up for a month nobody would notice. He got mad.

Winston1 likes this.
  4. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

“At-Will Employment” isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

This is a no shit true story:

In 2009 I got hired to work a contract at the AFB here in OKC. A couple months in i drive by one of the buildings that I have equipment in and it is surrounded by the MP's. I'm like wtf right?

Turns out someone over the weekend got pinched for drugs and like always they offer them a deal to get the bigger fish .

Well the guy tells them that basically this entire building on the base is a front for a massive drug ring. They wait for everyone to show up, set up a perimeter and roll in the mobile drug lab.

So it was piss in the bottle. Good you go back to work, fail get your pink slip and off the base you go.

They fired over half the building that day. The union got every one of their jobs back in less than 2 months.

el005639, Bengal B and GiantDuckFan like this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Good thing for you they didn't test for booze.

shane0911 likes this.
  7. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

And that’s what sucks about unions. What doesn’t suck about them, is that you’re protected from stupid shit. I’ve been on the hot seat many times for pissing off the wrong people. They keep you from getting fired “just because”. If they

got those people their jobs back, it’s most likely because protocols weren’t fired. What they should have done was gone through protocol, retested, then fired them afterward. Because there’s no way they keep illicit drug users on “just because”.

Maybe I’ve just been an at-will employee for far too long.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If every business fired every employee who uses drugs there wouldn't have enough people to do the work. They should take weed off the list of fireable drugs except for in the case of jobs like airline pilot and other jobs where absolute soberness is essential for safety reasons.

9. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

the legislature tried to get such a bill passed here, it failed,.. mainly because the business's insurance rates would skyrocket through the roof.