Feel bad for our guys

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Rouxleaux, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

Well our guys played their hearts out tonight. For the first half we were by far the better team (regardless of the score). The second half revealed some things. Satan made adjustments, miles did not. Chavis lost the game for us yet again this year, but to be fair our o line sucks, we could tackle for shit, and our d is about as watertight as a colander.

I guess here comes a 4 loss season and having to listen to the gumps talk about how great they are for another year. Great to be mediocre.

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Our 5-star recruit playing left tackle got run over by a linebacker on the last play and got our QB hurt. Our 5-star recruit at defensive tackle....did he even make the trip to the game? He was 100% non-existent tonight. Big players are supposed to step up in big games and those two did not.

I'm too disgusted to feel bad for anybody right now, except maybe our two wide receivers. Those guys have brought it all year, every game. Not too many people on this team you can say that about.

gyver and gynojunkie like this.
  3. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

Why do you feel bad for players who simply weren't as good as the opponent's players? They couldn't tackle. Not even a little bit. They couldn't run or pass block very well. And this is just my opinion, but some of them seemed to lose their give-a-fuck to some degree as the game got out of hand. The result they got was the result they earned. They didn't get robbed. They didn't get let down by bad coaching. They just got their asses kicked.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
    asignupe99 and StaceyO like this.
  4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I gotta also say I feel bad for Mettenberger. The entire load of this game was put on his shoulders. The offensive line was just down right offensive. They let Mettenberger get killed at the end. Hawkins sucks, that dude is worthless. Alabama can't sack anyone the whole year and they got what? 7 on us tonight? Jeremy Hill tried to get too cute and cut outside as did Magee. Players didn't play tonight on offense, except Landry and Beckham, Mett was asked to do too much.

So basically I feel bad for 3 guys.

Richdog likes this.
  5. Rouxleaux

This is what I was implying. I think the better coached team won tonight, not necessarily the better team.

6. TigerBacker70

Nope. They were outplayed. Fewer mistakes. Better execution in every aspect of the game. That's not just coaching. That's on players. The better team definitely won. Big. How can that even be questioned? Why do you think they're undefeated and #1 and we have 3 losses and barely in the top 20? Because as much as you don't want to admit it, their team I much, much better than ours.

7. Rouxleaux

Simple they make less mistakes. That = better coached.

TigerBill661 likes this.
  8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I don't feel bad for them, it is their job to tackle and defend passes. They didn't do either last night. They sucked and that is because the coaches had the wrong people on the field. This team is done and I'm not sure about their future with this staff.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Our coach is average with above average players when compared with the upper echelon. That's a fact we either live with or address. Given his contract, we live with it and accept we aren't ever going to out coach bama and unlikely to out player them from this point forward.

Reality has set in and lsus window of opportunity closed 2 years ago.

Second fiddle is where we currently stand at best in the west.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
    cul2969 likes this.
  10. TigerBacker70

A guy who's an upperclassman and can't make a simple form tackle doesn't have a coaching problem. He has a talent problem. A player who is on the line and consistently gets knocked on his ass by the guy in front if him isn't poorly coached. He's less skilled or weaker than the guy across the line from him.

Coaching problems are when guys are confused and unprepared and don't know what's going on. Or consistently in an inappropriate defensive formation for the play being run. When you know what's going on and are just beaten, you're just beaten by better players. Bama blocked better. They ran better. They tackled better. That was enough tonight.

gynojunkie and Herb like this.