few more Catfish for my boy

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by jvalhenson, Oct 29, 2014.

1. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Founding Member

Hadnt taken my boy fishing in a few weeks so we went to the pond yesterday evenin for about an hour. Right away got a nice channel cat and then hooked another but the second one got him all hung up in something. The fish stayed on the line so of course I had to go in after it for him. Got about about neck deep and got ahold of the fish and wound up being an old limbline that he was hung up on so glad to get that out of there too. Unfortunately all the commotion shut the fish down for a while but right at dark we finally got one more to make 3 which is all we needed for supper for tonight anyways and headed back up to grill some deer burgers. Had a cell phone casualty though......thought I had left my phone on the four wheeler but nope it was in my pocket so it took a nice long bath. Still working but not exactly and got it in a bag of rice right now so maybe it will come back. It was in an otterbox but lots of chips and stuff on the case so water just poured in on the phone. Oh well got the fish so it was worth it! Was due for a new anyways this is a 4s and the top button hasnt been working so if it was to ever get turned off I wouldnt be able to turn it back on but was trying to make it to Christmas with it but might have to go ahead and replace it this week.....will see when I get home later I guess.
    parker 16.JPG

KyleK, titoabad1 and Bengal B like this.
  2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

[​IMG]

Bengal B likes this.
  3. jvalhenson

hopefully they show up today. gotta try something.

4. tirk

if your iphone powers off simply plug your charging cable to it and it will power on automatically. works with my ipad i believe and if i recall, iphones.

5. jvalhenson

that works if it cuts off because the battery died.....but if it get turned off somehow then I dont think it doesnt turn back on from being plugged in. mine should not be able to be turned off since that button doesnt work but I am sure eventually it will a that one time that it does work and gets turned off on accident but wont ever work to turn it back on. may not matter with this one either way. doesnt really matter......all pics are backed up in 3 or 4 different places and all the phone numbers i care about are written down along with electronic back-up. all music in itunes so wont loose anything anyways.....I am just a cheap skate broke ass teacher so hate having to buy anything. I will prob sign a new contract and get whatever the best free phone is. Surely there are some 5s that are being given free with contracts now that the 6s are out. If not I will get another 4 really dont care. Actually might get a 4 anyways bc I have prob 6 chargers for the 4 plus an external battery pack thing that I use hunting that wont work with the 5 without an adapter if there is such a thing.

6. tirk

no it comes on anyhow at 30% i think.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

What you should do is switch to Sprint and buy my barely used Samsung Galaxy S4. I put it on Craigslist and all I have gotten are texts from scammers offering to pay extra if I will ship it overseas to their "nephew."

8. jvalhenson

Nah I'm good with cspire works everywhere in the deepest bottoms and swamps I can find. Ended up with a 16gig 5c free. 5s was still 100 bucks and bein I don't care anything about having the newest phone free works just fine for me. There is an adapter to use the old charger online for like 5 bucks

9. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Wow. Fantastic outing with your son. Worth dunking your iPhone for sure.

@tirk doesn't understand us frugal dudes and will shake his head at you "wasting" your upgrade to get a free one.

The What It Thread is a little slow. Anybody know what the bent metal pole that is standing against the wall is? I bet the little @jvalhenson does!

10. jvalhenson

he might not know what its called but he def knows what it does.

KyleK likes this.