Few white perch and more of those controversial red things

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by jvalhenson, Jul 20, 2016.

1. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Founding Member

Like I said spent a little extra time at the cabin to fish once the work was done. First day to fish had boat issues so didn't fish. Same second day. 3rd day finally got straight and got a few dragging crankbaits. 12 legal ones and about that many shorts. They gotta be 12 inches to be legal and it HURT to let a bunch of 11.75" ones go esp since to me those are fine white perch. Only 11 pictured cleaned one before pic. 4th and last day only had an hour that morning before had to get loaded up headed home and got 6 more legal ones with another dozen or so shorts. Got in yesterday and kids wanted to fish so went with my 2 oldest ones and a buddy and his girl and got on a good mess of white trout. Got hot so dropped them off to the moms and we headed for our state water snapper and got them quick. The usual 10-12lbers. Only have pics of the white perch at the moment another buddy just called wanting me to go with him this evening/night trout fishing so waiting at ramp for him now will get some pics of those trouble making red snapper later.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

tirk likes this.
  2. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Glad you're back posting pics. Have a good trip this evening. Stormed hard here in Mandeville. How was yall's weather?

3. jvalhenson

One line of pretty good squals moved through around 3 just dodged around them

KyleK likes this.
  4. jvalhenson