FG with time winding down

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by fanatic, Sep 9, 2006.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I know Stoops was just trying to avoid the shutout, but I thought the field goal with time winding down was ball-less. If you can't get 4 yards against a 3rd string defense to avoid a shut out, then you deserve the 0 being hung on you.

2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I didn't mind it - 3 points looks and more importantly feels better than 0.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Bush league. Stoops is a pussy. I have zero respect for him. What a cunt. The Pac 10 is a freakin' joke.

4. fanatic

Uh, not sure how you figure that one, but ok. Ask the defense if they'd rather have. A shutout always 'looks and more importantly feels better'. :cool:

5. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

He is a wus

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

When you're getting your a$$ spanked by 45 on national tv you have to try to come away with something positive. True it was a no nuts call but probably the right one for Arizona. Personally I'd rather go for the TD and fail than puss out and kick the three but maybe that's why I don't make millions a year to make those calls. The Zona fans I met at the game were very nice and shouldn't be given a hard time for what their classless coaching staff let happen before the game.

7. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

i didn't mind the field goal.

it was really lame that they ran around the field with the flag after the field goal like they just took the lead or something.

8. fanatic

Oh I don't know. I actually got a good laugh out of that. :hihi: :thumb:

9. mcstraycat

mcstraycat Founding Member

Actually, it was only one of the cheerleaders that ran around the End Zone with the flag. The rest of the cheerleaders were just looking off in the other direction like, "Oh, that guy? He ain't with us".
    Hehehehe.
    :geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige:geauxtige

10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I was trying to look at it from the perspective of Zona. I'd have liked a shutout, but at least the D maintained the current NCAA best streak of not allowing the opponent to score a TD.