FG with time winding down

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by fanatic, Sep 9, 2006.

1. 00Tiger

00Tiger Founding Member

Quitters never win.

2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Ok, I was trying to figure out how giving up 3 was better than pitching a shutout. That TD stat is just amazing. It's gonna be tough to keep it going thorugh next week, but I wouldn't put ANYTHING past them. Only thing that concerns me is that when we played last year, AU picked up most of the blitzes we through at them. Anyone else remember that?

3. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

I don't think Bo was fully set up with his Defense at that time. Compair the first 4 games of the season to the last 4 games and I think we ran quite a few more blitzes. At least, it looked that way /=

4. TigerSac

TigerSac Founding Member

Im not sure if any one else recoognized it in TV or not but it seemed as though after the field goal by Zona the camera panned over for a couple of seconds to Stoops and he was arguing down big time with one of the assistant coaches. Im not sure what they were arguing about but I bet it was about not going for the TD. I do not think any coach in the history of LSU football would have gone for the FG. What does that say really. "Hey at least we got 3 points" or could have been "Hey at least we stopped the longest streak in D1A for not allowing a TD."

5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Good point