Field Goal (1st quarter)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Sep 20, 2014.

1. kcal

kcal Founding Member

always take points when you can

GregLSU, Eliminator55 and Bengal B like this.
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Agreed. Why not run play fake on 1st and sling it? I don't get the 4 straight runs.

3. Eliminator55

Eliminator55 May God Help Us.

If only. Can we blame Les for believing that the fourth try would be the charm? I think not.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If at first, second or third you don't succeed keep banging your head against the wall

Eliminator55 likes this.
  5. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

The flip side of that is, had he ran it once then thrown it 3 straight times people would be calling for his head for not running it. The run game has been our bread and butter for years, who would've thought we couldn't run it in on 4 tries from 6 feet out? I feel the pain from that goal line stand, but either way, Miles is damned if he does, and damned if he don't. If I was Miles i'd stick around until I died on the sidelines, giving everyone in view the double middle fingers, while blowing my nose with my buyout clause.

COTiger, LSUDad and TigerTap like this.
  6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

The 4th down was the right call, should have tossed to Fournette, would have walked in.

P&G_wheelz007 likes this.
  7. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

I can't believe more people haven't mentioned this. Fake the damned ball. MooU had everybody piled in tight in response to the two tight end I formation. Fake to the tailback and throw to a WR or TE. Fake to the fullback and throw to the tailback (LF anyone?) Fake to either and have the QB run off tackle. Don't just pound it between the guards four straight times.

It's no secret that I'm a Les Miles fan and I still don't believe there's enough time for Les to call specific plays. But, damn, I'd bet after that PI in the end zone somebody was in Cameron's ear saying, "Pound it in from here coach. We've got the line to do it."

Hubris. That's all it was. Hubris.

8. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Let me restate the obvious. Hindsight is always 20/20.

GregLSU, red55 and LSUDad like this.
  9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I was also screaming for a pass or any play that went wide, but . . . LSU has scored a lot of touchdowns with power running in the last 10 years. There is no denying it. It's not like Les and Cameron didn't have some confidence based on results.

GregLSU and LSUDad like this.
  10. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Agree, right call I think we run dw 34 three Times on that play and we get in